SpaceX Boca Chica webcam issue

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
simonhnoble
New to the forum
New to the forum

SpaceX Boca Chica webcam issue

Unread post by simonhnoble » 2022-04-17, 17:16

Hello Forum,

Pale Moon used to be fine on the SpaceX Boca Chica webcam but it is buffering these days...

I've also been experiencing endless buffering using Pale Moon.

Website visited as typed into Pale Moon browser: www.camscape.com Boca Chica

The website opens faultlessly with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

All settings: default
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.1645

I will occasionally try Pale Moon as the days advance but I am not a developer so this is as far as I go. Good luck everyone.

Simon

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: SpaceX Boca Chica webcam issue

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-04-17, 17:52

For me, YouTube just freezes and locks up my computer when using Pale Moon. I can't even bring up the Taskmanager to terminate Pale Moon.

But I don't fight the problem with YouTube and Pale Moon. For watching anything on YouTube, I just use my backup browser which for me is Waterfox.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Pause
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Pause » 2022-04-17, 17:57

Are you using 29.4.6?

If you are on 30/30.0.1 then that did have those endless buffering issues on streams, and 30/30.0.1 has been discontinued, with 29.4.6 being the current latest release.

It's working perfectly fine here on 29.4.6.

Also, for the record, the specific one in question you mentioned is just an embedded YouTube stream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayjPi9BVhg).

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-04-17, 17:57

simonhnoble wrote:
2022-04-17, 17:16
I've also been experiencing endless buffering using Pale Moon.
What version of Pale Moon are you using?

That SpaceX webcam is working fine for me on Pale Moon 29.4.6. I tried a few others on that site and I'm not seeing much buffering at all, certainly not any endless buffering. One difference is that I'm using Linux rather than Windows 10. Quite a few of the webcams (including the SpaceX one) are YouTube embeds. Do you have any problems watching these on YouTube, or is it only buffering on the Camscape site?

It would help if you could also post your troubleshooting info from Help > Troubleshooting Information.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.