rodalies.gencat.cat/es/ Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
mkahn321

rodalies.gencat.cat/es/

Unread post by mkahn321 » 2022-04-11, 09:44

Broken site in Pale Moon versions 29.4.5 and 29.4.5.1, since late March

http://rodalies.gencat.cat/es/horaris/
http://rodalies.gencat.cat/es/inici

A few seconds after loading or browsing from one address to the other, Pale Moon freezes.

This rarely happens when clicking "Cancel" in the HTTP credentials box.

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: rodalies.gencat.cat/es/

Unread post by josephd » 2022-04-11, 16:16

Site loads for me. No freezing. All pages clicked on opened with no problem. Not being fluent in spanish, have no idea what the site is about.

Off-topic:
Windows 10, Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 (64 bit)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-04-11, 22:12

Maybe I'm missing something since I don't speak spanish, but both links work for me without any freezing.

At this time I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.3 (Una) Xfce.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

mkahn321

Unread post by mkahn321 » 2022-04-19, 08:45

This also occurs for http://rodalies.gencat.cat/en/horaris/
The issue is that when some AV/Firewalls are active, an "Authentication Required" box appears for HTTP sites every time. If you click on "Ok" until it disappears, the page crashes more often (70%) than not. Entering an user/password makes no difference.

I know that this may be the Antivirus fault or an CSP issue, but in any case it should not crash when clicking "Ok", and it would be better if there was a config preference to silence repeated login requests.
Night Wing wrote:
2022-04-11, 22:12
Maybe I'm missing something since I don't speak spanish, but both links work for me without any freezing.

At this time I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 29.4.5.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.3 (Una) Xfce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-04-19, 09:58

Since neither site freezes for me, I'm going to take a guess and say it might be due to an antivirus program (McAfee) which you have installed in Windows.

I say this because in linux Mint, I use the default firewall which comes with Mint. But, I have "never" installed an antivirus program in Mint and I have been using linux Mint since January of 2013 when I started using Mint 14.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-19, 10:21

"McAfee Cloud Web protection", eh?
Well I'm guessing they use some kind of intercepting proxy for your web traffic in that case which is a very bad idea. I've explained why in this F.A.Q. post.

In addition, the so-called "basic auth" authentication for websites is exactly that: very basic. It is used as a bare-bones authentication method to prevent trivial access to resources that shouldn't be public, but provides no security otherwise. I'm not sure why it would even be in use there, unless this is a bug or the web server throws back an authentication required error and McAfee doesn't know how to deal with it (very possible)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2022-04-20, 20:07

So the next logical step would be to disable the security program and see what happens. :D :crazy:

Both websites appear to work normally here with no freezes incidentally. :|
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-20, 22:52

Moonraker wrote:
2022-04-20, 20:07
So the next logical step would be to disable the security program and see what happens. :D :crazy:
In the case of McAfee I really just recommend you remove it forthwith. The only reason it's still on end user's PCs in 2022 is because it came installed as SI/AIB bloatware on a prebuilt. I can't honestly believe people would actually go out of their way to install it themselves.
If you feel you need automated threat protection, I'd suggest you use Malwarebytes' or Bitdefender's software instead.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

mkahn321

Unread post by mkahn321 » 2022-04-21, 09:08

That antivirus is mandatory, so no can do, but I found a workaround by checking out Firefox profiles.
Set network.http.pipelining to false and the messages disappear.

It may be unsafe and non-private (https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14122), but it works.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-04-21, 09:18

mkahn321 wrote:
2022-04-21, 09:08
That antivirus is mandatory
Work PC and company enforced? in that case I'd suggest talking to your IT department. McAfee is a really really poor end point protection solution.
mkahn321 wrote:
2022-04-21, 09:08
Set network.http.pipelining to false and the messages disappear.
Ah so not only is it proxying which isn't safe, but it doesn't even implement the HTTP protocol spec properly. Wow.