vox.com crashes PM 30

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Matera_the_Mad

vox.com crashes PM 30

Unread post by Matera_the_Mad » 2022-03-19, 20:58

PM simply vanishes as soon as the site loads. I've tried every profile, including a freshly rebuilt one, with or without any add-ons. No time for error messages or anything. No traces left.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: vox.com crashes PM 30

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-19, 21:24

This is likely related to /caused by the same as a different reported crash I've been working on to fix for a soon upcoming 30.0.1 release.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Matera_the_Mad

Unread post by Matera_the_Mad » 2022-03-20, 21:51

Today I logged in to https://www.dwservice.net/ to work remotely on a couple of computers at once, as I usually do, in tabs. As the second one was loading, PM vanished. Again, it all happens too fast, but I tried running it again in the terminal:

matera@Flower:~$ palemoon -p JustMe
palemoon: /home/PM4Linux/MCP/Pale-Moon/platform/libs/libcubeb/src/cubeb_pulse.c:863: create_pa_stream: Assertion `&stm->input_stream == pa_stm || (&stm->output_stream == pa_stm && (stream_params->layout == CUBEB_LAYOUT_UNDEFINED || (stream_params->layout != CUBEB_LAYOUT_UNDEFINED && cubeb_channel_layout_nb_channels(stream_params->layout) == stream_params->channels)))' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Same readout when I testd it this way with vox.com

:)

Kand_in_Sky
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kand_in_Sky » 2022-03-25, 07:30

just fyi, tried with PM 30.0.1

vox.com - no crash
dwservice.net - no crash (no login, clicked several pages)
duolingo.com - no crash (no login, clicked several pages) viewtopic.php?f=70&t=27982
PaleMoon & Basilisk
- on 2014 i5-4210M Notebook 8GB Win7 64Bit
- on 2014 Athlon 5350 16GB PC Win7 64Bit
- on 2018 Athlon200GE 32GB PC Win10 64Bit