amazon.com / Buy MP3 / Incompatible

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
ioSelect
Moongazer
Moongazer

amazon.com / Buy MP3 / Incompatible

Unread post by ioSelect » 2022-03-18, 20:14

Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.

Getting an error message from amazon.com when trying to by mp3 files:
  • "Your browser is not supported."
Tried a useragent.override in about:config; failed ...seems I need help with this.
Below is my current (failed) attempt to create a site-specific-override:
  • Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0

Capture.JPG
There is nothing in the 'Error Console'.

Thanks for reading and any help that you may provide; thanks for Pale Moon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: amazon.com / Buy MP3 / Incompatible

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-18, 21:31

If Amazon wants to use in-browser DRM to "protect" the MP3s, then that would be the cause as we don't support in-browser DRM.
I'm unfamiliar with "buying MP3s on Amazon" though so it's just a guess.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

andyprough
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by andyprough » 2022-03-18, 22:29

ioSelect wrote:
2022-03-18, 20:14
Tried a useragent.override in about:config; failed ...seems I need help with this.
Below is my current (failed) attempt to create a site-specific-override:
  • Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/88.0

Capture.JPG
I don't know if it's a UA problem on your end, but the one you've posted does not look right to me. I just purchased and downloaded a song with this UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/78.0

Edit: I also don't recommend an about:config useragent override. Use the Sasuga extension from the Pale Moon add-ons store if possible: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/sasuga/
Manually overriding the about:config useragent can cause some messy problems that may force you to create a new profile in the future.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2022-03-19, 01:52

ioSelect wrote:
2022-03-18, 20:14
Tried a useragent.override in about:config
Pale Moon already had a hard-coded site-specific UA override for amazon that differs from what you added:
amz-ssuao.png

The one that was already present includes "www." in the domain (while yours doesn't), so they are present in about:config at the same time.

I don't know if it will help with your problem, but suggest in any case to remove the one you added (right-click, reset) because right now you're advertising two conflicting user agents to Amazon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JELittleton
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by JELittleton » 2022-03-19, 13:31

This issue doesn't appear to be related to Pale Moon. Vivaldi 4.1.2369.21 (Stable channel) stable (64-bit) also produces a "Your browser is not supported" err msg. In working with Amazon we found this err is specific to the media being viewed or purchased. Some MP3s display properly, some do not.

ioSelect
Moongazer
Moongazer

Unread post by ioSelect » 2022-03-21, 15:58

So, the error recommends to use Edge, tried the same procedure with Edge and got the same exact error;
guess they don't want to sell MP3's as much as they used to..

Thanks everybody, for checking, much appreciated!