Pale moon has problem with many sites

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
gsp_1964

Pale moon has problem with many sites

Unread post by gsp_1964 » 2022-01-26, 17:22

The list of sites that PM has problem is growing
I test many browsers and some of them haven't updated for two or three years and they work perfectly. The only one with problems is Pale moon. I keep using PM because of low resource need and the extensions. Many video streaming sites and others who need login dont work. That is not happening to other browsers. I cannot use two browsers to do my work. Example: https://chesstempo.com/chess-books/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale moon has problem with many sites

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-26, 17:45

I'm not sure what the point of this complaint is. The example website uses Google WebComponents (CustomElements). Web browsers that have not updated in years would also not have this support and similarly fail. Not that I know what you are comparing to because you didn't give any details.
We are working on getting more support for Google technologies into the browser but it is slow and difficult work.
If pale Moon doesn't work for you, and that will be a problem for multiple users, I'm sure, then you should choose a different browser to use.
In its current state, Pale Moon is indeed a bit less useful as a general-use browser because of the web compatibility issues there are; that's just the reality of trying to respond to a barrage of web specifications that are taken to an obscene level while not having an army of paid developers. We do what we can and it will take time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite