Not a "complaint" - just FYI - axa.de no longer supports Pale Moon

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Not a "complaint" - just FYI - axa.de no longer supports Pale Moon

Unread post by JoeyG » 2022-01-19, 02:01

I have my health insurance with AXA, one of Europe's biggest insurance companies. They recently (within the last two weeks or so) redid their German website (axa.de). Afterwards, unfortunately, even with Pale Moon 29.4.3, login to the "My AXA" section (where I get all my personal health insurance information, can upload receipts, etc.) became impossible.

When I clicked the "login" button, a new page opened, and a "spinner" in the middle of the page just kept spinning. Reloading the page resulted in more of the same.

I tried it with a brand-new profile, but to no avail, on both Win 7 and 10.

I called their website technical assistance hotline and was told they no longer supported Pale Moon. This was a real shock because up until the "new site" was launched, it had worked fine since at least the year 2000! I asked if they had any intention of changing this decision and was told "no" in no uncertain terms.

Today I updated to the new version of Pale Moon (29.4.4) and was surprised to see that now I don't even see the "spinner"; there's nothing but a blank white page.

I assume it's a scripting issue. Is there anything I can send the Pale Moon team that will, perhaps, help localize it?

As my "Subject" says, this is just FYI. I can log in with a different browser.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Not a "complaint" - just FYI - axa.de no longer supports Pale Moon

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-01-19, 02:27

Code: Select all

SyntaxError: expected expression, got keyword 'import'
  https://entry.axa.de/sls-myaxa/media/js/main.js
    line 1, column 93
> ..../lit-element.js";const l=new URL(new URL("../img/logo.svg",import.meta.url).href,import.meta.url).href;class o extends ...

TypeError: window.customElements is undefined
  https://entry.axa.de/sls-myaxa/media/js/main2.js
    line 1, column 879

https://entry.axa.de/sls-myaxa/media/js/main3.js
    line 1, column 138
> ...-element.js";const r=new URL(new URL("../img/man-couch.svg",import.meta.url).href,import.meta.url).href,m=new URL(new UR...

https://entry.axa.de/sls-myaxa/media/js/main4.js
    line 1, column 171
> ...-element.js";const p=new URL(new URL("../img/Rectangle.jpg",import.meta.url).href,import.meta.url).href,m=new URL(new UR...
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2022-01-19, 15:56

After Moonbat's kind reply (thanks!), I called the AXA "Technical Problems Hotline" again and got a different story.

No, they haven't pulled the plug on Pale Moon and will certainly appreciate receiving the code that apparently contains the errors.

Hmmm. Anyway, I've sent them the code. Let's see what happens.

Again, my most sincere thanks to Moonbat.
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-01-19, 23:48

Unfortunately they're using customElements as seen in the error - which is not yet supported by Pale Moon. So if they provide a fallback then it would work. In future when you find a site that's broken, please look for errors in the console (Tools - Developer tools - Web console) and include them so it's easier to figure what's wrong.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2022-01-20, 14:02

moonbat wrote:
2022-01-19, 23:48
Unfortunately they're using customElements as seen in the error - which is not yet supported by Pale Moon. So if they provide a fallback then it would work. In future when you find a site that's broken, please look for errors in the console (Tools - Developer tools - Web console) and include them so it's easier to figure what's wrong.
OK, thanks again very much.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2022-02-03, 00:24

I informed AXA of the information regarding "customElements" and received this reply:
Thank you for your comment. As part of our analysis, we have determined that the Pale Moon browser does not meet the technical requirements for our new web portal, as the Pale Moon browser is based on the Goanna-based web browser project. Therefore, currently you can only switch to one of the supported browsers Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We wish you a great day.
I have no idea how complicated it would be to try to address the "customElements" issue, but since the fundamental issue is apparently Goanna, there's no point in taking this any further.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2022-02-03, 03:47

JoeyG wrote:
2022-02-03, 00:24
I have no idea how complicated it would be to try to address the "customElements" issue
It's being worked on but is quite complicated to implement.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2022-02-05, 13:23

OK, thanks for the info.