catalinbread.com

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
ragnarOragnar
New to the forum
New to the forum

catalinbread.com

Unread post by ragnarOragnar » 2022-01-08, 02:33

On their site you're supposed to be able to interactively demo the pedals they're selling, but when I scroll down to the demo it just says "Sorry, your browser sucks": https://catalinbread.com/products/cloak

That of course made me not want to buy their pedal anymore, but I thought I'd share the issue on the off-chance there's a real concern

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: catalinbread.com

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-01-08, 09:24

ragnarOragnar wrote:
2022-01-08, 02:33
"Sorry, your browser sucks"
:lol: Great way to scare customers away.

FTR there doesn't seem to be an issue in the current release of Pale Moon 64-bit on Windows 10. Not that their demo is very good, since it clips like hell (probably testament to their pedals too?), but whatever.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

smithy
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by smithy » 2022-01-08, 09:51

FWIW, it all works fine for me on the latest Pale moon on Linux Xfce.
Perhaps your blocking their cookies..?
It is common to think of our own time as standing at the apex of civilisation from which the deficiencies of preceding ages may patronisingly be viewed in the light of what is assumed to be progress. The reality is that in the long perspective of history the present century will not hold an enviable position unless the second half is to redeem its first.

Chief US prosecutor Robert Jackson's closing statement - Nurenburg 1946

THX-1139
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by THX-1139 » 2022-01-08, 13:56

It all seems to work fine for me -buttons,reverb,videos etc- after allowing all in UBO
Pale Moon 32.5.0 (64) Win7 pro (64) Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz-16 GB DDR3

"The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove they're not a robot."

"Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." ~Carl Jung

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2022-01-08, 14:30

The site works for me as well without any derogatory browser prompts from the site.

At this time I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 29.4.3 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.3 (Una) Xfce with uBlock Origin 1.16.4.30 enabled for the site.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox