If Anyone Else Is Having Trouble With Citi

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: If Anyone Else Is Having Trouble With Citi

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-08-02, 18:59

I don't understand it - all I know is after I updated my Win10 machine, I found the Citibank login to not be working. So I checked the override and found it to not be the "Seamonkey" setting. I had assumed that the update would retain the "Seamonkey" setting (which appears to be the case for everyone else except me).

I can't explain why - after I updated PM to 31.2.0 - I found the Citibank override to be (which is why the Citibank login started not working again and would seem to me to be an impossible setting change based on subsequent topic feedback):

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0 (Pale Moon)
when I was expecting it to still be:

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
Actually my setting is the following on my Desktop (after the update):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
and is not:

that Moonchild posted (I presume their equivalent).

Let me check again what I now have on my laptop.... my laptop is also (which is what I changed it to after the 31.2 update):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.12
I'm going to change both machines to what Moonchild posted (not the one above).....
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-08-02, 20:02

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2022-08-02, 18:59
I'm going to change both machines to what Moonchild posted (not the one above).....
Instead of manually changing it (again), why don't you just right-click the preference and select "Reset" ... ? That'll reset it to the default, which should be the proper string that Moonchild, andyprough and I all have on our systems. And if the default changes in the future, it'll properly pick the change up again instead of whatever "user set" version you have in there.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-08-02, 20:23

^ Good idea! -- checking this out, I found the "reset" option to be disabled (grayed-out) - so I presume I've got what is the "default" with the last setting I said I'd use. Thanks for the tip though. :thumbup:
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2022-08-02, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

LAR Grizzly
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by LAR Grizzly » 2022-08-02, 20:24

I just updated to PM 31.2.0 and my citi useragent is now:

This useragent logs in successfully on my system.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2022-08-02, 20:41

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2022-08-02, 20:23
I found the "reset" option to be disabled (grayed-out) - so I presume I've got what is the "default"
You can verify that by looking at the "Status" column of the about:config screen for your useragent.override preferences; you should see it set to either "default" or "user set" for each preference. If it says "default," you've got the default setting. If it says "user set," then the setting has been modified.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-08-02, 20:52

The "Status" is "Default" which explains why the (right-click context menu) "Reset" option would in that case be disabled (not available) as it is. :think: (even though I had used "Modify" to set the value to what it is) - all makes sense (default is default in any case). :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-08-02, 21:00

I don't know what else to tell you. it was updated in the source tree to the SM UA as default. And that is what 31.2.0 shipped with. So if it's default then you should have the updated UA string for citi. if not then something is really strange with your installation. are you overriding defaults with a user.js or what not that has overrides in it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2022-08-02, 21:29

Yea, I don't get it either - I was surprised to find the Citi login page not working after updating PM to 31.2.0 and even more surprised to find the override to be the former override that had been used prior to going with the (default) "Seamonkey" override... As I mentioned - it doesn't seem possible actually - but that's what occurred oddly enough. I'm not aware of anything that I'm doing that would override (impact) the setting discussed. FWIW - I had disabled the "CanvasBlocker Legacy" add-on over two months ago to instead opt for using the "canvas.poisondata" pref as you had recommended at the time (this is probably irrelevant anyway - but I can't think of anything else that might be exotic enough to impact pref settings in this manner).
Off-topic:
I often have weird unexplained events happen to me - i.e. just two days ago my entire Windows Taskbar (including the system-tray where nothing would launch) all became completely non-functional (apps would display in the Taskbar, when launched as expected, but non could be opened by clicking on them on the Taskbar even though the mouse "hover" would display the app page) up until when I closed Pale Moon at which time the Taskbar was then working again w/out any issues as expected. This was a first for me over a period of 40+ years of using computers. I have no idea what's up with this either... but it will probably never happen again.) I could go on and on, but I digress...

Addendum: as an afterthought - I do use the MS (news) feed (overlay) in the Taskbar that is quite elaborate perhaps - could cause unintended Taskbar issues maybe, who knows:
Pointed out in Tasbar by red pointer
Pointed out in Tasbar by red pointer