Santander Payments Again

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
andym
Moongazer
Moongazer

Santander Payments Again

Unread post by andym » 2022-01-03, 08:25

Santander have changed the method of paying an existing payee:

Important Update

To make a payment to an existing payee, select 'Pay existing payee' from the left hand menu.

Clicking on the link in the menu brings up a new page with a "Continue" button.

When I fill in the details and press continue, nothing happens.

So sorry I cannot give any more details, if someone can help me with the Debugger ...etc

It is a bit tricky with banking sites :)

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Santander Payments Again

Unread post by josephd » 2022-01-03, 08:34

Following directions in the RED box at the top of the page helps us to help you.

Trying to contact them is another possibility.

https://www.santanderbank.com/personal/contact-us

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Santander Payments Again

Unread post by Blacklab » 2022-01-04, 12:54

andym wrote:Clicking on the link in the menu brings up a new page with a "Continue" button.

When I fill in the details and press continue, nothing happens.
I tested with a UK-based Santander account today and find the same problem... Santander's new "Continue" button in their making payments process does not work.

Extract of console report: ERROR Object { headers: Object, status: 200, statusText: "OK", url: "https://retail.santander.co.uk/Erro…", ok: false, name: "HttpErrorResponse", message: "Http failure during parsing for htt…", error: Object } 1 main.1514a53448243e8a4566.js:1:96501...

Santander's "Continue" button does work in current Firefox. Regrettably, I would therefore suggest using a 'big 5' browser for your Santander transactions. I have had to adopt this strategy with Barclays Bank and several other major financial websites over the last couple of years.

We seem to have slipped into a world where many major companies now only design their websites to be compatible with the increasingly particular (and proprietary?) coding of the most popular browser(s). Just too many people addicted to Google... :(