Facebook comments: Unable to enter text!

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Any_One

Facebook comments: Unable to enter text!

Unread post by Any_One » 2021-12-20, 10:51

I can't enter any text when I want to edit a new comment on Facebook.
The cursor blinks once then it disappears and typed letters do not appear.

I use PaleMoon 29.4.3 (64-bit), and there are no errors showing up in Javascript console!

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Facebook comments: Unable to enter text!

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-12-20, 10:53

Search the forum before posting about something that's been discussed to death already.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Any_One

Unread post by Any_One » 2021-12-20, 11:06

Search the forum before posting about something that's been discussed to death already.
  • I use the search function and found a lot of related posts, but nothing with the same issue description.
  • So I search in the FAQ but found nothing either.
  • Thanks for the heads up where to find the answer ...

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-12-20, 15:05

That website is so monitored and censored that it is quite rare i post anything as you have to be resilient to which wording and phrases to use or it is considered bullying or hate speech which is utter nonsense.
Even the truth is considered an act of rebellion on that horrendous site so it is of no consequence to me if the comments can be posted or not. ;)
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-12-20, 15:54

Any_One wrote:
2021-12-20, 11:06
I use the search function and found a lot of related posts, but nothing with the same issue description.
Use advanced search, that allows to limit your search in a number of ways (click the cog icon at the right end of the searchbox):
"facebook comments" (forum search, limited by title)

KlarkKentThe3rd
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2021-12-21, 04:12

Off-topic:
Used advanced search, found a bunch of threads. Half are locked, the other half are only tangentially related, and had no replies for many months or even years. Just make this thread "Facebook General", that will solve everything.
Anyway, Any_one, I have your solution right here, discovered through good old experimentation:
1) Type your comment in the URL bar.
2) Select all, Copy.
3) Click in the comment window and VERY quickly Paste (you must be as fast as possible).

It worked for me for months now.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-12-21, 10:48

KlarkKentThe3rd wrote:
2021-12-21, 04:12
Off-topic:
Used advanced search, found a bunch of threads. Half are locked, the other half are only tangentially related, and had no replies for many months or even years.
The threads were locked because they were duplicates, to prevent them from being used. This thread too is a duplicate and properly should also be locked. Please kindly don't add your workarounds here.

The point of that search was not to look for an answer among lots of threads. The search was to determine which is the correct thread and use that. The practice on this forum is: one thread per specific issue for specific site. If people stick to that, if an answer is found, or workaround shared, it will reliably be there. Scattering this stuff around makes life harder for anyone who genuinely tries to give or receive support.

@KlarkKentThe3rd,
The correct thread is easy to identify on that short page of search results.
if you'e actually serious about wanting to help people out with this issue, while your editing window is open remove your advice from this thread which should have never been made and add it to the thread that already exists for this issue.