could some one check rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/3908/mitochondrial-complex-i-deficiency

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: could some one check rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/3908/mitochondrial-complex-i-deficiency

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-19, 08:07

I've made a note to consider preffing it but it's very low priority. In the 2.5+ years this has been present, this is the first report of this made, so whatever middleboxes they use it's either extremely rare to not have been updated (which isn't really our issue) or the middleboxes are extremely rare to be in use anyway (which the original tests done by Mozilla seem to underline) or both. On top, it's transitional technology for slow-responding sites. The problem with how this was approached by Firefox (and I presume Chrome) actually plays into this slow response because webmasters are never alerted to the middleware problem. So once again please do so, someone.

If you want to offer a patch to add it as a pref then it's welcome, of course. Note that it'll have to be written for our SecManager code; Mozilla's bug is post-refactor of it and can't be used, and they never made it a pref to begin with.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

bandidoirlandes

Re: could some one check rarediseases.info.nih.gov/diseases/3908/mitochondrial-complex-i-deficiency

Unread post by bandidoirlandes » 2021-10-01, 02:09

Sorry I have been extra sick and not watching my forums...
I received a reply:
Thank you for contacting GARD and reporting this issue. I have passed your feedback along to our web team who will investigate the problem. I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of redesigning the GARD website, so this information is very timely. We will be sure to incorporate your feedback into our website upgrade, which should be completed later this fall.

Thank-you to all who have looked into this and replied. Hopefully it will be fixed later this fall.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-12, 00:24

For the record, I've added an option to set this compatibility mode with a preference to be in the next dev release. Important note that it shouldn't be enabled by default because it potentially weakens TLS 1.3, and a browser restart is required for the pref change to take effect. The indicated website does load with this compatibility mode enabled but for good measure I gave them some feedback myself as well.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-09, 18:38

Note: in 29.4.2 there's a new pref named "security.ssl.enable_tls13_compat_mode" which is the preference I described above. Restart required and discouraged for use.