Problems with banking websites

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
sixwam

Problems with banking websites

Unread post by sixwam » 2021-09-13, 14:44

Hello everyone.
I don't know if this is the place to put this problem.
When I enter a bank's web page and I want to see an attached document related to some operation, the document is not shown in the browser or in the default program, and I can't download it either.
Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
Thank you

josephd
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Problems with banking websites

Unread post by josephd » 2021-09-13, 15:38

Link to the bank in question would help. Or do we just have to be mind readers?

sixwam

Unread post by sixwam » 2021-09-13, 16:07

Sorry. I am not a computer expert and I don't know how the web works.
It is a Spanish bank, I am Spanish.
https://www1.ibercajadirecto.com/ibercaja/asp/Login.asp

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-13, 17:44

You will have to contact the bank.

Moderator: Please move this to web compat.

sixwam

Unread post by sixwam » 2021-09-13, 18:03

Thank you. With Firefox I can see all the documents and download them.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-13, 18:58

Tony0945

Unread post by Tony0945 » 2021-10-08, 01:04

Perhaps they are pdf's. Firefox handles pdf's internally. With Pale Moon you have to download the pdf and open it with evince or similar program.
Chase has pdf's everywhere. Don't know about your Spanish bank.

I find banks notorious for only supporting microsoft, google and mozilla, Sometimes not Mozilla. Shopping sites are much more universal. I guess they don't want to lose customers. Banks could give a big rat's patoot about their customers. Like the old Lily Tomlin AT&T routine.

Just logged on to Citibank faking the useragent to Firefox 87.0 Try it. Or eve higher.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-10-25, 22:26

Before I start, I'd like to say that I've tried this on the latest version of Pale Moon on both Win 7x64 SP1 (fully updated to Oct 2021) and Win 10 v. 21H1.

My posting is in relation to the fidelity.com site. I've searched the forum, and as far as I was able to see, all of the previous postings about the brokerage company's site have been locked.

This posting is an update to what has been written about the fidelity.com site so far based upon my experience from a phone call to them this evening (details below).

In my recent experience (3-4 months), the fidelity.com website itself works ok with Pale Moon, and there's no problem logging in or using most of the site's functions.

The specific problem I've had relates to the site's "Positions" page, which shows all of the user's holdings and permits you to click to get various types of information about each of them. The current iteration of the page works ok on Pale Moon, but Fidelity says

Users are currently offered the opportunity to try the new version (beta), and - as others have reported to the Forum - this is where the problem starts.

Specifically, Pale Moon reports that a script on the beta "new version" has stopped working. Users are offered the choice to continue, debug the script, or stop the script. In my experience, none of the choices helps me as hoped for: clicking "continue" doesn't appear to do anything; "debug" is beyond my technical ability; and "stop script" allows me to view the holdings, but that's it - clicking anything else on the page doesn't work.

Moonchild has made it clear that Pale Moon won't be able to fix the issue, and New Tobin Paradigm has recommended contacting the bank.

My specific purpose in replying to this thread is to say that I spent about an hour this evening on the phone with Fidelity at various levels of their technical support. It's clear that they're aware of the Pale Moon issue and informed me that people using the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser app for Android have reported a similar problem. Other users of other browsers have also reported a variety of other issues. Unfortunately, the people I spoke with, though polite, were not able to offer any reassurance that all the problems with all the various browsers would be solved when the new version goes live.

My suggestion was that the current version be kept live and that users be given a choice of which one they use. One of the people said that since the new page "only" offered new functions and was not related to security, this might be an option that would be looked into.

End of story. I hope fidelity.com users will find it useful.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-26, 07:34

Contact the bank!

The whole point of a "beta" phase is to get feedback from users of the beta, right? well this is valuable feedback. Their beta causes denial of service on some browsers and this is the right time to let them know so they can fix it before it becomes the main (or only) interface they offer.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-10-26, 07:51

Moonchild wrote:
2021-10-26, 07:34
Contact the bank!
Ummmm my entire posting was based upon my phone call with them yesterday. I thought l had made that pretty clear.

I wrote, '... This posting is an update to what has been written about the fidelity.com site so far based upon my experience from a phone call to them this evening (details below)...'

l'm sorry, but l don't understand your reply.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2021-10-28, 11:27

So far my bank only warns me, that I have outdated browser. Will I have in time problems too? My bank is www.airbank.cz resp. ib.airbank.cz

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-10-28, 13:24

Robin_WH wrote:
2021-10-28, 11:27
So far my bank only warns me, that I have outdated browser.
Pale Moon is "not" an outdated browser. Pale Moon is up to date.

The problem is with your bank. The IT people there are....."LAZY". In other words, they only want their customers to use Chrome (and it's ilk), Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari browsers to keep their workload as light as possible for themselves.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2022-01-18, 23:21

Well, now with the new year my bank (ib.airbank.cz) went from warning to actively blocking. I cannot get past blocking announcement to log in. I found out about week and half ago, told them and so far nothing...

As time goes I am running into more and more compatibility issues with Palemoon (examples: YT-losing comments, FB-cannot comment, HumbleBundle-menu errors, Airbank.cz - cannot log-in). I like browser more than current firefox, but I am forced to return to it more and more often. T_T

Kand_in_Sky
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kand_in_Sky » 2022-01-20, 09:59

just out of curiosity i tried iberica bank, which seems ok so far, of course no further investigations
https://www1.ibercajadirecto.com/ibercaja/asp/Login.asp
iberia.png
airbank.cz needs a new useragent for the website
airbank.png
general.useragent.override.ib.airbank.cz ; Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:99.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.9

useragent.png

hope that helps ;-)
PaleMoon & Basilisk
- on 2014 i5-4210M Notebook 8GB Win7 64Bit
- on 2014 Athlon 5350 16GB PC Win7 64Bit
- on 2018 Athlon200GE 32GB PC Win10 64Bit

Robin_WH
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Robin_WH » 2022-01-21, 16:47

Kand_in_Sky: Thank you, that has helped. I can login now.