YouTube.com does not display any text.

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
rsscmh

YouTube.com does not display any text.

Unread post by rsscmh » 2021-08-10, 01:00

YouTube.png
Using PM 29.3.0 (64 bit) W10.On a new i7 W10 Lenovo destop w64GB ram. Cleaned out the cookies, cleaned out the cache, restarted PM. No joy. You tube works fine in other browsers one on my machine (vanilla W10) right now, but this is what i am getting in PM.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: YouTube.com does not display any text.

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-08-10, 06:25

Which extensions are you using,?.Looks like there is interference from one of them possibly.
Also the search function on the forum can be useful.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-08-10, 08:02

No it looks like WebComponents. Moonraker.. Looks like someone has been tinkering with UAs when they shouldn't.

Also, if they would FOLLOW the instructions it would be obvious from the Toolkit Error Console or the DevTools Web Console.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-08-10, 20:49

In this particular case we probably ALSO need the output from help->troubleshooting information because that browser looks heavily modified/extended.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rsscmh

Unread post by rsscmh » 2021-08-11, 02:28

Thank you and I apologize. Clearly I have a corrupted installation. Because I got out my laptop also Lenovo core i7, and tried it there and there was no problem. But, there is still the same issue with this machine.

But, the laptop is synced with the desktop and has the same add-ons, so it is not the add ons. I probably need to hold my nose and do a whole new instalation.

I just need to be figure oiut how to do it without losing all of my history and passwords.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-08-11, 10:29

rsscmh wrote:
2021-08-11, 02:28
Clearly I have a corrupted installation.
You appear to have a corrupted PROFILE (not the same as "corrupted installation").

As requested above...
Please provide the output from help->troubleshooting information (as explained here) and make sure to put the information inside the bulletin board's HIDE tag.

shevy

Unread post by shevy » 2021-08-18, 20:01

Hmm. Perhaps a corrupted profile is the answer to the above, but I remember I have had rendering
issues in particular after upgrading mesa. I can not say whether this was due to mesa or not, but
I wanted to mention that the very same picture/rendering I see too. Usually it just seems to be
the "first loader", and then a bit later the rest of the website is rendered too, with the videos
on the right side (the preview) coming in last. But sometimes nothing was shown, and I remember
the only change I made was to update mesa. Sometimes I also don't see a video shown on first
load, but then when I reloaded it, it was shown again. I updated mesa again to 21.2.0 and at
the least the "reload to view" problem disappeared, so I am quite certain that at the least on
my system, this was related to mesa and less on palemoon.

The other similar thing I have had was when I broke pango and atk. Then I also could not see
any text. But I am almost 100% certain that you can reach the same non-rendering issue
even with a fine profile; next time I run into such a bug I'll make a screenshot too. :)

As for passwords: I keep my passwords in a local file and then either look it up or use ruby
to obtain that information. Not that this may solve your problem here, but I try to stay
as independent as possible, in case problems occur that need to be fixed somehow.

Mike Rosoft

Unread post by Mike Rosoft » 2021-08-26, 15:05

My experience is that YouTube becomes broken if you enable about:config setting dom.webcomponents.enabled. (But I need to enable it in my work browser, because GitLab web interface doesn't work without WebComponents - otherwise, a merge request doesn't show changes, comments, etc.)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-08-26, 19:13

Mike Rosoft wrote:
2021-08-26, 15:05
dom.webcomponents.enabled. (... I need to enable it in my work browser, because GitLab web interface doesn't work without WebComponents...)
Off-topic:
The extension GitHub/GitLab Web Components Polyfill provides a workaround for that.

Can be installed directly from GitHub.