Google Drive will no longer load for me on Pale Moon

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Google Drive will no longer load for me on Pale Moon

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2021-07-30, 01:40

This site worked fine yesterday when I had to back up some files but now, this happens: https://support.google.com/drive/answer ... 44332&rd=1

Apparently, they decided to block Pale Moon now and no matter what I do with the user agent like updating it to the lastest version it won't open the site for me. I had to back up files using the app on my phone which sucks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Google Drive will no longer load for me on Pale Moon

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-30, 01:45

What do you expect us to do about it? We been warning about this shit for years. The only choices THEY give you now is use their browser or don't use their service. Has nothing to do with us and barely has anything to do what we are technologically capable of.. It has been degraded for years due to vendor discrimination.

NEVER FORGET: That with Google Money they control their only independent competition (Mozilla) and assuming WebKit counts they get thrown scraps every once in a while. Everyone else is Chrome-based working hand in hand with Google. Except us. They also dominate working groups and the W3C is only a token organization.

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2021-07-30, 02:05

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-30, 01:45
What do you expect us to do about it? We been warning about this shit for years. The only choices THEY give you now is use their browser or don't use their service. Has nothing to do with us and barely has anything to do what we are technologically capable of.. It has been degraded for years due to vendor discrimination.

NEVER FORGET: That with Google Money they control their only independent competition (Mozilla) and assuming WebKit counts they get thrown scraps every once in a while. Everyone else is Chrome-based working hand in hand with Google. Except us. They also dominate working groups and the W3C is only a token organization.
I guess I'll just use my phone then as I have an app called Portal I use to move things back and forth. It wasn't too bad actually. My email and everything else worked fine so it's another thing to deal with. I certainly don't want to use their shitty browser as I know damn well it won't run great on my PC plus I use uBlock which they don't like too much. I certainly won't go back to Firefox every again after what they did. I just hope that Youtube won't be hit next as it's slow on the browser as is due to it running more stuff in the background.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-30, 03:17

I love when I make a neutral factual response and they just run to reddit because it was not the answer they wanted and proceed to make me sound like the devil himself. Someone else ON REDDIT had to link this thread and ask them not to play that he said she said bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/palemoon/comments/oubudg/google_drive_as_of_today_will_no_longer_be_served/
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2021-07-30, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2021-07-30, 03:19

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-07-30, 03:17
I love when I make a neutral factual response and they just run to reddit to make me sound like the devil himself and someone else ON REDDIT has to link this thread and ask not to play that he said she said bullshit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/palemoon/comments/oubudg/google_drive_as_of_today_will_no_longer_be_served/
Sir, don't be an asshole to me. I've used this browser for years and it's not like I've not been through this once. I was helping others when YT forced the new layout until it was gone completely as well as the whole thing with addons.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-30, 03:20

Then don't run to a place where you know I am not allowed to have a voice or defend my self to chat shit about me including complete fabrications because you didn't LIKE the truthful response regarding the reality of the situation.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2021-07-30, 08:11

Ziko577 wrote:
2021-07-30, 03:19
Sir, don't be an asshole to me.
Just throwing in a "sir" doesn't make your statement any better and doesn't take away the fact that the neutral (and helpful) answer given by Tobin, although not something you wanted to hear, does not an asshole make. However, twisting that into "Tobin said 'fuck you'" to create strife on Reddit as a result does make a fine example of what you accuse others of, and as such you are being suspended for a while from the forum to think about what you're doing. Next time I won't be so forgiving.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2021-07-31, 17:59

Attachments
b9980a6ae83e058e09221875327c34476291cf88.jpg
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"