I've been messing around with this browser config and WP settings for about 8 hours
, and today I finally found a workaround for creating new post and editing old posts. Before following this tutorials, set your WP interface language (not Blog language) to English
. Without further ado let me start the explanation.
Creating a new post
1. You need to visit the page where you adjust/managing your post (probably https://wordpress.com/posts/<yourBlogAd ... dpress.com
2. Go to the top-right section of the page, find "Screen Options" dropdown menu, it should be located like this image:
3. Press that button, and select "Classic view". It will refresh the page, and change the interface to the old-style one.
4. Bookmark this address. This is important
, so you don't have to change settings again. (Its probably https://(yourblogaddress.wordpress.com)/wp-admin/edit.php?preferred-view=classic
5. Follow this image instructions:
6. Paste it into a new tab address bar, and press enter. It will load the old "new post" editor. Bookmark this address too
, so you dont have to choose "Classic Editor" every single time you want to make a new post.
Editing an existing post
1. Assuming you are bookmarking the page explained on Step 4 in previous tutorial, now what you have to do is visit that page.
2. Hover to the post you want to edit, and press "Classic Editor" everytime
you want to edit a post/page, like this:
There are some features that aren't available
on the Classic Editor though, for example:
1. Its interface is not too attractive
2. Not a visual editor, so you'll see html code when applying styles.
The good side of Classic Editor is:
1. Its lightweight (very fast compared to the normal Block Editor)
2. You can customize sidebars to match your wants
3. More powerful "focus mode", it hide more options than it is on Block Editor.
4. You can use this mode in every single browser that supports html5 (yes, Internet Explorer too).
Even though this work, I still hope Pale Moon Devs can fix this issues (or WP), so I can use the new (Block) editor. Thanks for reading, I hope you have a nice day