Video site (freetubespot.com) no longer works with PM Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
puppyX
Fanatic
Fanatic

Video site (freetubespot.com) no longer works with PM

Unread post by puppyX » 2021-07-07, 10:26

I hadn't used www.freetubespot.com to stream a video in a while but it used to work in PM on my Win 7 laptop. Now the videos won't play, giving the screen in the jpg. A link is given to watch on google;

https://www.freetubespot.com/video/Monsters-of-Man
Tried in safe mode, no joy. None of the videos play for me.
Any ideas ?
Attachments
freetubespot.JPG
Last edited by Moonchild on 2021-07-07, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pick the right board and a proper topic, people.

Pentium4User
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Video site no longer works with PM

Unread post by Pentium4User » 2021-07-07, 10:29

On Linux I could play some videos from that site.
The profile picture shows my Maico EC30 E ceiling fan.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Video site (freetubespot.com) no longer works with PM

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-07, 11:12

Enable MSE or google videos won't play and you'll get that error.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-07-07, 21:32

Yep, can confirm it's working fine for me with the suggested settings already applied.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-07, 23:58

The only reason I know for disabling MSE (completely or for mp4) in this day and age is if you are out to steal videos by context menu.

Is this what you were doing?

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2021-07-08, 02:35

I'm not sure what they mean when they say watch on Google - page info for that film shows the video:
blob:https://www.freetubespot.com/7e3f246d-f ... c3eecfdccc
The bottom of the freetubespot homepage says:
Disclaimer: We do not host any files on our server nor we upload any videos on other hosting websites. Our website workes like a search engine, gathering and sorting videos from other websites and showing the embbed code or the direct link.
We are not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites.
If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners or host sites.

Unlike YouTube I encountered no performance issues in Pale Moon.
You might reasonably disable MSE to watch videos on Vimeo, of course. Some of those films are only just released, and not worldwide yet either.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-08, 07:30

Lunokhod wrote:
2021-07-08, 02:35
I'm not sure what they mean when they say watch on Google - page info for that film shows the video:
blob:https://www.freetubespot.com/7e3f246d-f ... c3eecfdccc
...which is an MSE stream blob hosted on Google servers.
Lunokhod wrote:
2021-07-08, 02:35
The bottom of the freetubespot homepage says:
Disclaimer: We do not host any files on our server nor we upload any videos on other hosting websites.
Which is correct. They are providing direct raw MSE GUID links to externally hosted videos (while plastering hentai ads all over making cash). Basically they are using a backdoor into various streaming services. This is also why the videos are fixed size and don't have any other controls since it doesn't have the webside code/API to manipulate it.
"We are not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites.
If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners or host sites."
Cute; they really don't care, obviously. How would one know if the video is legal or not, or how to get in touch with the media owners when the only link you have is an MSE ID? :lol:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2021-07-08, 08:56

No doubt that site could be a place for malware to hide..I would stay clear of iffy video sites like this.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-08, 09:43

Moonraker wrote:
2021-07-08, 08:56
No doubt that site could be a place for malware to hide..I would stay clear of iffy video sites like this.
Just be very careful. Even the nastiest malware-laden site can't really do much (aside from being super annoying) unless you yourself make blunders (by e.g. downloading executables and running them). Assume everything the site shows or pops up/pops under your browser is bad and shouldn't be trusted no matter what it says.

puppyX
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by puppyX » 2021-07-08, 19:18

I'm sure I already replied here. "Memories, misty water coloured memories".....
Re enabled MSE for mp4 and the site works fine. It is temporarily disabled on advice from a Thinkpad forum due to the particular model I use, X201, being a tad frisky in the cooling fan department. Which is why PMPlayer , reducing video size and quality, unticking 'Enable MSE for mp4 video' works on some sites to lower the crazy cooling fan when streaming video.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-09, 00:34

Pure insanity.