Pokemon TV is stuck on a infinity loading screen.

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
FelipePlayzYT
New to the forum
New to the forum

Pokemon TV is stuck on a infinity loading screen.

Unread post by FelipePlayzYT » 2021-07-04, 15:08

Hi! i'm new here on this forum, and i tried out the pokemon tv site, but the problem is, its stuck while its loading and it keeps loading, waited for like 10-25 minutes and still nothing... if this gets fixed, im going on this website once again, well, that was the problem, so, Goodbye! :D

Here's the link: watch.pokemon.com

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pokemon TV is stuck on a infinity loading screen.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-04, 16:43

They are using a spec proposal that was formalized in ES2020 (promise.allSettled).

This will be available once Issue #1725 (UXP) is tackled. Currently it's not available, and you'll have to use a different browser for the pokemon TV site.
Alternatively there is a spec compliant polyfill available that the webmasters can use in the interim; you could contact them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

HapHazardly
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by HapHazardly » 2021-07-28, 12:36

It looks to me like Issue #1725 (UXP) has been completed and merged on 07/18 but it is not in the 07/19-20 release. When will this be available in a release now that it is completed? The missing promise.allSettled() function is breaking most of Azure Dev Ops for Pale Moon as of this week because it looks like Microsoft has started using that function all over their Dev Ops / VisualStudio site.
Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-28, 19:05

Seems to me you've never heard of testing new implementations before they are shipped to users?
Promise.allSettled() will be in the next major release. If you want to have it before then you can get involved with testing it by using the unstable version.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-28, 21:32

You might be interested in following this page: https://developer.palemoon.org/docs/release-engineering/

Where you can track release dates and with easy links to the specific version Release Notes for Pale Moon as well as the more technical platform Change Log for UXP. Not to mention how Pale Moon and other not-Basilisk applications engineer their releases.

HapHazardly
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by HapHazardly » 2021-07-29, 20:43

@Moonchild... It was not my intention to come off snarky about the release process. I saw this comment at the bottom of the ticket "PR merged and tested. Looks good, closing." and figure that meant it had been tested and would make the next release. In my day job a merge to release means it will be in the next release. So forgive me if I came across as being impatient or anything like that. I was just honestly wondering when we could expect it to be available in a release.

@FelipePlayzYT your answer is most helpful and what I was looking for. Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-07-29, 21:04

It was merged to master, not to release. That's where your misjudgement was.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-07-29, 21:23

It was completed too late in the cycle (explained on DPMO) to be included in this past release and that is why the merge had to be held off until the tree was re-opened. This is also why I suggested the page to you.