new youtube soy causing hangs and errors

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
jdpls
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

new youtube soy causing hangs and errors

Unread post by jdpls » 2021-06-20, 03:09

getting this box on just about every refresh of my subscriptions page now.
youtube soy nonsense
youtube soy nonsense
and this week i've noticed EVERY youtube page i open causes pm to lock up for a few seconds while some soydev nonsense happens in the background. sometimes even causing the box to appear again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: new youtube soy causing hangs and errors

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-20, 06:49

The soy's label is in the name of the script in your screenshot.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jdpls
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by jdpls » 2021-06-20, 07:10

exactly. what can i do about it?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-20, 07:13

Unless you are willing and able to help us finish support for Google WebComponents, there's not much you can do except:
Complain to YouTube that your web experience continues to degrade.

It likely won't help because they will just tell you to "use Chrome". And considering Google owns YouTube, that will be the final answer -- so, if you "live on YT" then I'd suggest you keep a second browser handy for your YT binging if the JavaScript delays (are they deliberate? We can't tell) are too disruptive.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite