BofA now needs a UAO setting to avoid "Browser unsupported" banner

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

BofA now needs a UAO setting to avoid "Browser unsupported" banner

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2021-06-18, 16:08

Just an FYI - BofA "unsupported browser" warning banner post.

I as admonished for placing my last topic in the incorrect forum (even though it still appears to be appropriate as far as I can tell) - so I'll probably get the same comments again. :lol: I considered placing this (what I would call an FYI) in the "Discussion" board - but it seems to me that this board is just as appropriate or more so and would presumably get more as well as quicker exposure - so here it is FWIW.

As of today Bank of America now requires a UAO setting to be added new for Pale Moon to avoid the warning banner. Their requirement is FF "51 or higher" (based on their website) - I initially entered "FF 89" which appears to work as expected but then decided to try the "FF 99.9" setting and it appears to work as well.

The UAO I added today:
general.useragent.override.bankofamerica.com
Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:99.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.9 (Pale Moon)

Sorry if I'm perceived to be posting in the incorrect forum (it's easy enough to move of course)

Screen-shots:
As of today - BofA is displaying the infamous "unsupported banner" crap
As of today - BofA is displaying the infamous "unsupported banner" crap
the "99.9" string appears to satisfy BofA ha ha  (see setting above)
the "99.9" string appears to satisfy BofA ha ha (see setting above)
Btw, they don't clear the warning banner in some of their pages (others they do) until you log back in
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: BofA now needs a UAO setting to avoid "Browser unsupported" banner

Unread post by BenFenner » 2021-06-18, 17:41

I've been seeing this banner for months (years?) on BoA.
I have no idea why you are only seeing it now...

Funny how they have one of their bullet points describing any old browser that supports TLS 1.2 or greater.
Too bad their idiotic UA sniffing doesn't reflect that.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-18, 18:37

Pallid Planetoid wrote:
2021-06-18, 16:08
I as admonished for placing my last topic in the incorrect forum (even though it still appears to be appropriate as far as I can tell) - so I'll probably get the same comments again. :lol:
We created the Web Compatibility board FOR A REASON.
Stubbornly placing these topics elsewhere even if you know this? You've been warned.
it's easy enough to move of course
Sure it is. but it's also completely unnecessary. It's also easy enough to pick the correct board before you create a new topic and do it right from the start :silent:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2021-06-18, 21:17

This board totally slipped my mind :oops: - my apologies! (referencing the appropriate board for these type of topics is appreciated - as opposed to not referencing it - and I'll try and make more of an effort to keep this in mind).

Addendum:
Btw, if I may mention this - to assume my incorrectly placed posts are in any way "intentional" just to be "stubborn" is drawing unfounded conclusions in my opinion as opposed to concluding I'm simply making a "dumb" mistake! (why conclude the worst in a person? - as opposed to the alternate possibility that I was mistaken as humans sometimes are? - albeit, in my case perhaps mistakes are too often to be believable :lol: My intentions were in all honesty be absolutely candid when I previously posted that I considered the board I was using at the time "to be appropriate" - there was really no reason for me to be anything other than sincere about this.)
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2021-06-18, 23:15, edited 2 times in total.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2021-06-18, 21:25

BenFenner wrote:
2021-06-18, 17:41
I've been seeing this banner for months (years?) on BoA.
I have no idea why you are only seeing it now...
First time I've seen it -- and am curious if this has been a long standing issue (for others for this long) of which can be addressed by simply adding a UAO setting (as I did) - it seems odd that there wouldn't have already been a default UAO setting already included in about:config as opposed to my needing to add the setting as "new". :think:
BenFenner wrote:
2021-06-18, 17:41
Funny how they have one of their bullet points describing any old browser that supports TLS 1.2 or greater.
Too bad their idiotic UA sniffing doesn't reflect that.
Yea - I was thinking that too - and I also find that some sites suggest setting TLS to "3" when presumably most if not all browsers (i.e. Pale Moon and FF) are already currently set to "4".... it's like they are always so quick to jump on the "unsupported browser" banner bandwagon - but slow to update other requirements on their websites. :lol:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-18, 21:39

If it is just a message why don't you block tge detection script or use EHPrime to hide it.

Look for solutions frim within instead of bothering us with yet another one of your trivialities.