onshape.com - Your browser is not fully compatible with Onshape

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
damjang
Moon lover
Moon lover

onshape.com - Your browser is not fully compatible with Onshape

Unread post by damjang » 2021-06-12, 22:16

Hi to all! I try to use onshape on Palemoon x64 on win7x64. I go to test page of onshape ( https://cad.onshape.com/check ) and find that Palemoon is not fully compatible with OnShape (no section views). Float buffer blending is not supported by Palemoon. Is there something that can be enabled in PM or I have to stay without this functionality?

Here the results of the check:
https://www.damjan.net/tmp/PM-onshape_compatibility.png

Thank you

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: onshape.com - Your browser is not fully compatible with Onshape

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-13, 00:38

I think the limitation would not be critical; it just won't be able to render section planes endcaps according to the check.
And no, unless it's implemented as experimental in our current state, there isn't a magic pref that suddenly gives us missing WebGL rendering extensions out of thin air. If you want it for your CAD application then you'll likely have to help implementing it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

damjang
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: onshape.com - Your browser is not fully compatible with Onshape

Unread post by damjang » 2021-06-13, 18:01

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-13, 00:38
I think the limitation would not be critical; it just won't be able to render section planes endcaps according to the check.
Yes, the limitation isn't so critical. I can work with onshape also without section planes.
Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-13, 00:38
And no, unless it's implemented as experimental in our current state, there isn't a magic pref that suddenly gives us missing WebGL rendering extensions out of thin air. If you want it for your CAD application then you'll likely have to help implementing it.
Thank you for the answer. I'm sorry, but I'm not so skilled in programming that can help with this.