imgbb not loading images Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

imgbb not loading images

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-09, 00:04

I use imgbb a lot on my website to easily make html thumbnails for my art, and I did most of my coding on firefox, where my imgbb links would always display images the way I want them to. Why does it not work on palemoon and how can I get it back?
lover of all things aero!
graphic design hobbyist who is sick of flat UIs.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: imgbb not loading images

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-09, 00:10

I use imgbb a lot myself. It works fine!
Your page also works fine. Are you sure your connection to imgbb servers isn't blocked?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-09, 00:32

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-09, 00:10
I use imgbb a lot myself. It works fine!
Your page also works fine. Are you sure your connection to imgbb servers isn't blocked?
I dont know how to check for that, sorry! T_T my page was the first thing I checked before I downloaded adblockers, so I dont know how I would have blocked it in the first place! I got this page when i tried to log in.
I was still logged in though, which is weird.

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-09, 01:03

just got this while trying to look through one of my albums! wtf!? :shock:
the connection is completely fine with everything else on the site, its just images that wont load. :problem:
EDIT: now ff doesnt load them either, WTF???

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-09, 06:07

Stop using shitty man in the middle exploiting McAfee.. That shit ain't been legit (ok maybe borderline) for 20 years.. Norton either. These companies are all FUCKED.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-09, 12:27

So mcafee flagged an image hoster as malicious. :lol:
They have gone completely overboard.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-09, 16:34

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-06-09, 06:07
Stop using shitty man in the middle exploiting McAfee.. That shit ain't been legit (ok maybe borderline) for 20 years.. Norton either. These companies are all FUCKED.
I dont even use those though?! No mcafee or norton programs installed on my computer, this is just firefox :shock: unless its innate to firefox and I didnt know it was even in it until now.

palemoon still doesnt load images from imgbb, and it still flags the site as malicious, how do i change that?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2021-06-09, 16:40

No mcafee
Do you use Verizon McAffe Home Network Protection?

Or just what antivirus program are you using?

Also, [FF] "This Connection is Untrusted" error message appears - What to do.

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-09, 16:52

Do you use Verizon McAffe Home Network Protection?
Thats right, I do get my internet from verizon so thats probably it. damn. :oops: I didn't know it would go around flagging shit that isn't malicious, though. I'll probably end up switching to another main image hosting service, as a lot of my friends also got warnings and pics that don't load. :problem: I hate whatever security update killed imgbb. (it worked just fine before!! :problem: )
Or just what antivirus program are you using?
malwarebytes. I heard that one was okay, and I've been using it for years.
I did that! it works! :D Thanks a ton!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-09, 22:35

roavaldamjong wrote:
2021-06-09, 16:52
I do get my internet from verizon so thats probably it. damn. :oops: I didn't know it would go around flagging shit that isn't malicious, though.
Live and learn you can't trust "cloud security", eh?

And the response moving away from a perfectly good image hosting service is exactly why there is a much more insidious thing going on with blocking. It effectively harms businesses and alternative service providers. What you want to bet Verizon McAfee will never block Google Drive (which can and does host actual malicious software)?...

Instead, what I would do is inform your friends to re-evaluate the "internet security software" or service they are using, whether ISP-"encouraged" or not, and fix that, instead of opting for one of the big (and big data/tracking) mainstream image hosting services.

roavaldamjong
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by roavaldamjong » 2021-06-11, 06:48

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-09, 22:35
Instead, what I would do is inform your friends to re-evaluate the "internet security software" or service they are using, whether ISP-"encouraged" or not, and fix that, instead of opting for one of the big (and big data/tracking) mainstream image hosting services.
I'll definitely be sending this thread to my friends then :D
And I'd never use a google service for my main imagehosting, lol. imagevenue seems to be working with everyone, so I'll stick to that and newgrounds! :D Thanks a ton!