GMX.com error in size of web pages.

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
ForestElf

Re: GMX.com error in size of web pages.

Unread post by ForestElf » 2021-06-08, 13:05

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-08, 12:59
ForestElf wrote:
2021-06-08, 12:53
It is funny however, it all displays correctly in edge, so maybe there is a setting in the browser tools I need to change?
So, you think all browsers are exactly the same "under the hood" and they only have a different bunch of settings that can be used to make one behave exactly like the other? ... :think:
No not at all, I know they are different, in coding etc. Do not misunderstand me. All browsers are coded differently no doubt, but I was just wondering if I needed to change a setting to comply with their coding is all. But heavens, I have no problem with Palemoon at all, it is the German website I have the problem with and they blame the browser which upsets me as I have used your browser for years and never had this happen, so they are full of (*^%T.... :D

ForestElf

Unread post by ForestElf » 2021-06-08, 13:17

OK my friends, I wish to thank you all for trying to help me with this unusual problem and their miserable website. No sense going on about it, it is what it is. I have really no more to say about it as it will do no good. I do not even answer them any more as all they do it keep sending me a pile of instructions etc which leads no where at all. But again, I do so appreciate all you have tried to do, be well and happy, and all God's blessings be upon you.. ..... Ivan

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2021-06-08, 15:23

ForestElf wrote:
2021-06-08, 12:53
Even with this new update 29.2.1 it still does not correctly display and with the company in Germany they insist it is the browser and refuse to believe it is them.
It's not the browser. And IMO it's also not GMX.
The problem you complain of is specific to you.

I have not had trouble seeing the GMX login form in Pale Moon, and it has never been too large to fit the page for me.
I don't know what causes that problem for you - I only know that I don't share it.

ForestElf

Unread post by ForestElf » 2021-06-08, 15:41

[/quote] It's not the browser. And IMO it's also not GMX.
The problem you complain of is specific to you.

I have not had trouble seeing the GMX login form in Pale Moon, and it has never been too large to fit the page for me.
I don't know what causes that problem for you - I only know that I don't share it.
[/quote]

Your probably correct and I have no idea what it could be. But I will go through my addons and see about it. If it does not happen to you or anyone else, then why me. I must be special.. :)

ForestElf

Unread post by ForestElf » 2021-06-08, 16:18

OK, PROBLEM SOLVED..

My fonts were too large for this page at gmx, they can not be over 14 points. making it harder for me to read, but I will get through it, being bold would help but that is not available and might bring back the same old problem. So now I can see all the login and other things on GMX.COM. Now that is something I just thought of just now, it did not occur to me before. so it shows that if your fonts are too large due to your eyes, then some pages may not show corrrectly and that was happening in here also, now I see all the the funny faces here to the right. I did not before. odd how something like that will ruin your browser, and it was my fault...

Pastor Ivan White D.D. Bs.D.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-08, 21:00

Maybe you need to use a page zoom extension instead of trying to force minimum font sizes across the board (which will indeed break some layouts)

Maybe I recommend https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/nosquint/ if you need visual aid?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ForestElf

Unread post by ForestElf » 2021-06-09, 17:17

Moonchild wrote:
2021-06-08, 21:00
Maybe you need to use a page zoom extension instead of trying to force minimum font sizes across the board (which will indeed break some layouts)

Maybe I recommend https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/nosquint/ if you need visual aid?
Thank you for your kindness and yes I am using zoom for some things, I am leaving the fonts alone. I had no idea that would happen, live and learned. I shall be glad to check out nosquint in the addons area and I thank you very much for your help.

Ivan