LinkedIn navigation bar doesn't show anymore

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Attronarch
Moonbather
Moonbather

LinkedIn navigation bar doesn't show anymore

Unread post by Attronarch » 2021-06-04, 07:18

URL: https://www.linkedin.com

Expected:
LI in Brave.png
What I see in Pale Moon (29.2.0) and Basilisk (2021.04.27):
LI in Pale Moon and Basilisk.png
Since it was working yesterday I assume it is something on their side.

Tested with both browsers in safe mode.

I'm on Fedora 33.

Basilisk web console output:

Code: Select all

Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.  
(unknown)
Content Security Policy: Couldn’t parse invalid host 'report-sample' 
(unknown)
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src or style-src: nonce-source or hash-source specified  
(unknown)
unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]  
702tg0nosvtp4wy7t29jwx6:3713
c3l8mli0r1yrfshbnyypsy5j9:6
2ajx3yzvajyjbecechhxg3zr0:6
Using profile voyager-web-feed for route feed.index.index  
6oydvamu0ccyz6bjubzwr4zq1:58:226
SyntaxError: invalid regexp group  
702tg0nosvtp4wy7t29jwx6:29776:187
Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive. 
(unknown)
This response was unable to be parsed as json.  
702tg0nosvtp4wy7t29jwx6:14899:44
The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the file needs to be declared in the transfer protocol or file needs to use a byte order mark as an encoding signature.  
stub.js
Please let me know if I should provide additional info.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: LinkedIn navigation bar doesn't show anymore

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-04, 07:22

They're using the new fancy draft regexp features that PM doesn't support. Another example of change for its own sake and web devs ensuring job security.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-06-04, 07:55

I guess Google was right planning this all along so long ago when calling their engine "irregexp" (== irregular expressions) -- changing the spec left right and centre preventing any sort of regularity to the expressions or their support.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MoonWalker
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by MoonWalker » 2021-06-09, 16:12

After a request, I got the following answer by LinkedIn support.
We are coming back to webs optimized for browsers instead of browsers optimized for the web.
For an optimal site experience, better encryption, and privacy support, we recommend using the latest versions (current and previous major releases) of the browsers listed below.

Important: Using older browser versions can prevent you from accessing LinkedIn, and some site features may not function as expected. Please note that browsers supported on desktop may be different from those supported on mobile.

We support the current and previous major releases of the following desktop browsers:
  • Microsoft Edge (current and last major revision)
  • Firefox (current and last major revision)
  • Chrome (current and last major revision)
  • Safari (current and last major revision)
  • Internet Explorer 11
Note: As of July 1, 2020, we’ll no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (or below) and your LinkedIn experience may be suboptimal. We recommend moving to one of the above browsers as soon as possible for the best experience.

On mobile, we support the current and previous major releases of the following browsers:
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Safari
  • Chrome
  • Android

micwoj92
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by micwoj92 » 2021-06-12, 16:13

Off-topic:
Ah yes, Android, my favourite web browser