Non functioning websites post 29.2.0 update

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
majormom

Non functioning websites post 29.2.0 update

Unread post by majormom » 2021-05-06, 21:04

Pale moon has been wonderful for years. HOWEVER I'm about to jump ship.
1. My USAA banking site no longer works fully since 29.2.0 update
2. LastPass no longer is supported

This is intolerable. Pale Moon is a "service"it has many assets and has been dependable for years, but 2 defects in a single update is unacceptable. Particularly with no notification of repairs in the works to give the customer some support.
I read the thread about working around for LastPass and switching to some other, "wanna Be" password protector. I find it totally user UNFRIENDLY for a "service" to direct what and what not programs I can use.
There has been no definitive, OBJECTIVE reason the lose LP. Just someone, doesn't care for it. That's fine for them but don't tread on my liberty to use that which i wish!

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Non functioning websites post 29.2.0 update

Unread post by Falna » 2021-05-06, 21:27

majormom wrote:
2021-05-06, 21:04
I read the thread about working around for LastPass and switching to some other, "wanna Be" password protector. I find it totally user UNFRIENDLY for a "service" to direct what and what not programs I can use.
There has been no definitive, OBJECTIVE reason the lose LP. Just someone, doesn't care for it. That's fine for them but don't tread on my liberty to use that which i wish!
If you let Lastpass know how strongly you feel, maybe that will be enough to convince them to finally support Pale Moon.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-06, 21:43

Pale Moon is NOT a service nor has ever been one.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-05-06, 23:37

Along with the Citibank account I have, I also have a USAA account that I opened in 1974 and still have. I do the same thing with USAA like I do with Citibank.

When I have to do business with USAA, I dial up USAA's phone number with my land line phone and I get in touch with one of their customer service reps. And the rep can and will help me do anything I want with USAA (look up bank transactions, make a payment, open a super jumbo CD, signature cards, do wire transfers, investments, insurance, etc, etc, etc).
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-05-07, 03:48

This is a project run by volunteers, not some paid subscription, and even someone running a paid service would tell you to stick your entitled attitude where the sun doesn't shine.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2021-05-07, 04:58

majormom wrote:
That's fine for them but don't tread on my liberty to use that which i wish!
Getting a tad overwrought here, aren't we? I recently downloaded a Chrome variant for use when Pale Moon's refusal to toe the Google/Chrome line makes it advisable or necessary to use a different browser to get something done. Instead of throwing in the towel completely, you might consider throwing the towel a little, on occasion. As I recall, I haven't done anything of substance yet with the other browser. Consider Valium.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-07, 06:37

Off-topic:
van p wrote:
2021-05-07, 04:58
Consider Valium.
Do you realize how weak Valium actually is? On the benzo scale it takes double Valium to match Ativan or Xanax and double that to match Klonopin and once you are on that most places won't exceed 2mgs AND you then build a tolerance that can't be sustained and it is effectively worthless other than using to ease withdraw off it. The best solution is just deal with shit. I deal with it by proving people wrong then screaming EX-TER-MIN-ATE at them. I am a Dalek after all...

Additionally, one thread per site please and TRY to keep duplicates to a minimum.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-07, 10:30

majormom wrote:
Pale Moon is a "service"it has many assets and has been dependable for years, but 2 defects in a single update is unacceptable.
Pale Moon is not a service; it is a community project. Its website says so.
Pale Moon is also provided AS-IS with no guarantee of suitability for any particular purpose (including your specific use). Its license says so.
majormom wrote:
I find it totally user UNFRIENDLY for a "service" to direct what and what not programs I can use.
I find it totally reasonable and user friendly to have a community suggest alternatives to a commercial product that has so far chosen not to extend its support to Pale Moon, as opposed to leaving you hanging with no suggestion what to do whatsoever.
majormom wrote:
There has been no definitive, OBJECTIVE reason the lose LP.
There are definitive and objective reasons to no longer support multi-year-unmaintained extensions that target a different application. These reasons have been clearly stated multiple times and ahead of this release. If LastPass had valued you as a customer, they would have ensured your extension use would have continued on Pale Moon without interruption. I'm certain their administrative statistics would have shown more than a few users of their extension and service making use of Pale Moon as a browser. Your entitlement to get service provider support should be directed at them.

Good day.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Old_Radio
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Old_Radio » 2021-05-10, 16:55

I have a USAA online account. No problems at all with Pale Moon 29.2.0 or earlier. We can look at and manipulate banking and non-banking fucntions. Other person in household also has their own account, no problems there either. Only portion that does not work, by my choice, is what is called 'remote deposit', I think. After scanning check(s) USAA wants to use JAVA which I will not install on our systems. No big deal.

Specifics here are Pale Moon under Win 7, SP1 or Win 8.1, x64 or x86, no extra baggage except uBlock Origin and Pale Moon Commander.
Win 8.1 x64 or x32, Win 7 SP1 x64. Nothing hanging on Pale Moon except uBO and P M Commander.

bobsage

Unread post by bobsage » 2021-06-04, 22:15

Is there anyway to get lastpass working post 29.2 yet?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-06-05, 09:29

bobsage wrote:
2021-06-04, 22:15
Is there anyway to get lastpass working post 29.2 yet?
Yes. Go and ask the Lastpass developers to officially support Pale Moon :roll:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-06-05, 09:54

I hope they do support us in the future so more of you morons will give your credentials to to the LogMeIn company and have them compromised. AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS.. We can not only have an excuse to put it on the blocklist at level 3 BUT you all will have so many eggs on your face while realizing the "cloud" really ain't something we should be trusting literally everything to.

Mmmm eggs.