Vaccine booking site prints blank pages (DOES NOT) Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Vaccine booking site prints blank pages (DOES NOT)

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2021-04-23, 10:57

Yesterday evening at home I booked my vaccination on the Regional site https://www.prenotazionevaccinicovid.re ... bardia.it/
When the booking got to an end I had on my screen a page with a QR code and some details. I used the File->Print menu
screendump.png
to save the page to a pdf file which I did not inspect. Then I scrolled down the page and pressed its print button (which showed the same menu) and saved again to a backup pdf file which I did not inspect. However when I later looked at the files they were completely blank but for the url header !
Today at work I tried to re-enter the site and fortunately using my health card and fiscal code I was able to show the page of the confirmed booking with the QR code, and get it via a screen dump (xv), so nothing was lost, but I am curious to see why such site did produce a blank pdf.
While you cannot get the QR code page (unless you are a resident in Lombardy and perform an actual booking :D) the same behaviour occurs already for the home page indicated on the first line of this post. I verified that even if one prints to an actual printer, or does a File->Print Preview, one gets a blank page.
So obviously the site is designed in a Palemoon unfriendly way.
(It did not happen before to me on any other site ... my fault I did not do a preview, though I am usually suspicious and do a page print before pressing any provided pritn button - which some sites do not have and some show on a subsequent page. Next time I'll remember, and/or do a screendump.)
Last edited by Lucio Chiappetti on 2021-04-23, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Vaccine booking site prints blank pages

Unread post by vannilla » 2021-04-23, 11:05

I don't have a device with Pale Moon available right now so I can't check, but if I remember correctly this can happen when the site is generated entirely through scripts.
Don't take what I said as the problem, but I'd look into it anyway.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Vaccine booking site prints blank pages

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2021-04-23, 13:04

I looked at the source, not quite legible and can't make much of it, but I noticed it makes extensive use of SVG ... so I checked a page of mine (an astronomical db tool) which uses some SVG and scripts and I got also a nearly blank pdf !!, so I went to the the help page of the tool which I wanted to post (which is plain html with some images ...) and I also get blank pdf !!! I went to some other plain HTML pages ... and I also got blank pdf !!!!, then I went to openstreetmap and I got nearly blank pdf with a minuscule thumbnail ! Ah !

Apparently in the Print Preview menu the Scale had been left to some Custom arrangement. When I restored it to 100% or to Shrink to Fit everything started to work as it did before, inclusive of the affected site which is now perfectly ok.
Please consider this issue closed, with my apologies.

Is there perhaps some about:config which can cause the print preview scale arrangement to be reset to default on exit ?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Vaccine booking site prints blank pages (DOES NOT)

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-23, 15:50

RESOLVED INVALID

Суки читают

Unread post by Суки читают » 2021-04-24, 18:17

Using both resolved and invalid creates a paradox. Something that's invalid can't actually be resolved.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-24, 19:42

Lrn2bugzilla