Scrolling gets that clock-icon's position changed at https://www.bing.com

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Hummingbird
Moongazer
Moongazer

Scrolling gets that clock-icon's position changed at https://www.bing.com

Unread post by Hummingbird » 2021-04-21, 09:07

I've noticed that visual-issue at basilisk 2021.03.17, also compared it with another (older) browser and it looks similar there. Previously I wasn't focusing on that detail, while the user have to be at "pages with this" than the "all"-tab when choosing an image, there have to be more images available to scroll in that section & the referring icon being the upload-date, where hovering gets you closer info about the publishing-date of this file.

That jpg should visualize the issue (that yellow arrow was manually added), I've also used light and dark-mode for comparing if it could refer to just single options there, anyway its bug still appears especially when scrolling. My device being a windows8.1-laptop, so it maybe appears in a different way when using mobile-phones? I don't think it could be about the browser's cache or cookies, maybe it generally being a bug on bing's engine than just referring to the used browser? It happens to various pages when browsing on "bing", so it won't just appear on single ones only.

That bug won't get the results getting displayed differently, it's just that this clock-icon keeps moving down/upwards depending if the user scrolls down by either using the mouse's pointer or the scrollbar within the browser/bing-page. Another fact to get this bug reproduced: hover over that clock if it won't appear instantly, then start scrolling to view that icon moving (could maybe be an HTML-text/issue of "position:fixed", I guess?)

Not sure if that topics fits to "Web Compatiblity Support" or rather to "Bug Report (Windows)", anyway it's also more webbased but also especially referring to "Basilisk" than "Pale Moon" in general (there's also a thread for Basilisk) ...while it seem to kind of refer to all three categories somehow? I think if I'd spot other possible bugs, they'd mainly refer to specific pages, tested on the same device, browser and maybe fit into the same main-thread (one of those three there)? I'd also be sure to use the most-fitting place for referring to closer details, so it seems useful just finding one thread also dividing each topic in single posts as its stated in the guidelines of this community's forum.
Attachments
scrolling-preview.jpg

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Scrolling gets that clock-icon's position changed at https://www.bing.com

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-21, 10:35

You'll have to indicate exactly how you get to that type of results page because that's not the default.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite