Windy.com missing elements

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Vortex
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Windy.com missing elements

Unread post by Vortex » 2021-04-19, 21:06

The weather website www.windy.com normally has a start button at the bottom right hand side that starts the weather animation - like on a video, but in Palemoon it disappeared a while back. Anyway to get it back?

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Windy.com missing elements

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-04-20, 06:06

Impressive site! I opened the site in Chromium as well as Pale Moon and it seems to work fine in both of them, selecting various layers and animations. Can't see any button on either of them - can you post a screenshot comparing both?

I also notice the site uses WebGL for its animations - if you can't see them you'll have to turn it on in case it's off (ensure webgl.disabled in about:config is false).
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-20, 07:46

There is a "play" button on the bottom left next to the time line that allows you to "fast forward" from current conditions to the predicted ones in the near future.
This all works entirely as it should on Pale Moon 29.1.1 x64 here. I didn't have to do anything special.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-04-20, 10:13

I use the Windy site for forecasting the wave height, wind direction and time between swells for sup surfing on the upper Texas coast. It is one of the sites I visit everyday. The play button is on the bottom left corner for me and the button works.

At this time I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 29.1.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.1 (Ulyssa) Xfce. The only extensions I use are NoSquint and uBlock Origin with UBO enabled.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Vortex
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Vortex » 2021-04-27, 12:58

webgl.disabled in about:config is false

The play button and slider are there in Firefox, Brave & Opera but not Palemoon :wtf:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-27, 13:05

I'm not sure why but your display of the website is completely different from what I get. Are you spoofing a useragent or something that makes it think you are on mobile or what not?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Vortex
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Vortex » 2021-05-02, 09:30

Moonchild wrote:
2021-04-27, 13:05
I'm not sure why but your display of the website is completely different from what I get. Are you spoofing a useragent or something that makes it think you are on mobile or what not?
I don't even know what that means. Windy.com looks exactly the same in Opera, Firefox & Brave except in those browsers it has the play button and slider.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2021-05-02, 11:39

@ Vortex

The problems is not with Pale Moon. The problem is on your end someplace. I'm guessing you've done something to Pale Moon, but you don't know what you've done. You might want to start listing your extensions you've installed because with you saying, "it works in Opera, Firefox & Brave" does not help us to try and solve your problem.

Below is a screenshot of the Windy site for Surfside Beach where I usually hang out for sup surfing. I've even listed the Wind Direction, Wave Height and Period (time in seconds) for today (Sunday, May 2nd)) for Surfside Beach. And it also lists the Play button which works for me.

At this time, I'm also using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 29.2.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 20.1 (Ulyssa) Xfce.
Attachments
Windy 1366.png
Last edited by Night Wing on 2021-05-02, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-05-02, 12:04

Vortex wrote:
2021-05-02, 09:30
I don't even know what that means.
It means your Pale Moon might be set up to fake its identification.

if you want further help then I suggest you include more information, specifically the output of Help -> troubleshooting information (use the copy as text button and paste into a reply; please use the forum's "hide" tags to keep the thread clean).

Vortex
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Vortex » 2021-05-07, 20:36

The play button returned on it's own today. I haven't updated Palemoon, made any changes to the few plugins I have or changed any settings. so it remains a mystery.
Thanks for your suggestions anyway.