Can't Login to USBANK

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
frankenstein

Can't Login to USBANK

Unread post by frankenstein » 2021-03-19, 03:32

specs:
slackware 14.2 64
3 or 4gb of ram total
2.8gb of ram at idle available
running PM binary 29.1.0
default PM profile (no addons)
default seamonkey 2.53.6

I'm having troubles logging into my usbank.com. I enter my credentials, click login, and it just hangs. My laptop fan turns on high speed, the system is very slow like windows, ram usage goes down <600mb. I have to kill pm in terminal. This happens all the time. I can't login. No issues with FF. Even when surfing around it feels laggy. Also whenever I hover over an image on ebay like this one it usually has a zoom function but it doesn't work with PM or seamonkey, no issues with FF.

I tried with seamonkey and was able to login but unable to make a payment. It gives me this:
Redirect Loop

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
NOTE: If accepting the site’s cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer.
I have cookies enabled. I'll be using FF in the meantime.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Can't Login to USBANK

Unread post by ron_1 » 2021-03-19, 14:18

US Bank does not like Pale Moon. See link below. Since this started I haven't been able to use Pale Moon to access this site. I use my secondary browser for it (unfortunately).

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24826

frankenstein

Unread post by frankenstein » 2021-03-20, 03:29

aw shit man. Anyway I forgot to mention the login link:
https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login
It usually works but that was a long time ago. I just recently started using pm but ran into this issue. By the way I was able to solve the lagging and freezing by putting a check mark on hardware acceleration.

van p
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by van p » 2021-03-21, 00:16

I have a USBank account. This is the home page I go to and can log in with no problem: https://www.usbank.com/index.html. Once logged in, it's not completely functional (e.g., can't change my password), but I can do what little I need to do otherwise.

EDIT: I've been in a back-and-forth with USB about the password issue. I've tried several browsers (including a couple Chromium variants), but nothing works. Of course, they want Chrome or Firefox. I don't/won't have either and don't have easy access anywhere else (like, work) to either one. The last email, USB wanted me to give them 14 pieces of info (some of which they already have) before they would investigate; at that point I gave up. (Next, they would wanna know my underwear size--big, real big--but that's another issue).
Last edited by van p on 2021-03-21, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 Pro x64 v22H2 8GB i5-4570|Pale Moon v33.0.1 x64

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2021-03-21, 00:20

I've been perplexed as to why some seem to be able to log in, and I can't. I see the OP is using a Linux OS like I am. Maybe the reason is US Bank doesn't like the combination of Pale Moon + Linux??