Pale Moon persistently crashes on Kruidvat.nl

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon persistently crashes on Kruidvat.nl

Unread post by adesh » 2020-11-08, 09:34

Off-topic:
Sheer lack of thinking and logical reasoning!

pietb

Unread post by pietb » 2020-11-08, 17:54

Moonchild wrote:
2020-11-08, 00:31
Well, feel free to point out where exactly Goanna is faulty then.
Can you PLEASE stay serious? Or do you really expect someone with long experience in programming, but no experience whatsoever in js or browser/js engines to know and debug the internals of such engines? I wouldn't. So I base my statements/ideas/suggestions on common sense, statistics and observe-combine-deduce.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-08, 18:05

I'm very serious.
If you assert both Gecko and Goanna are faulty in how they handle the scripting on that particular website, then I'd like to know what is wrong so it can be fixed.
But from the information available so far, it seems the script is faulty, given it doesn't error or abort on something specific but rather gets into an endless loop of some kind or potentially a recursive call that eats up all resources. Those kinds of issues are almost guaranteed to be script programmer error, if for nothing else but that that kind of behavior has to always be avoided with error checks.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2020-11-08, 20:41

Looking at this site I got a message which offered to stop the script, continue or debug it. Debug opened what I guess was the faulty script in the console. CTRL A, copy paste to mousepad then saved it as a txtfile.js to look at it. I don't know how to test run bits of web code, but you can't just do this because it is not complete in itself:

Code: Select all

$ js78 kruidvat.js 
kruidvat.js:1:2 ReferenceError: window is not defined
Stack:
  @kruidvat.js:1:2
In the script it mentions polyfills. A lot of web code has things like this, so this website like many may not present the same code to all browsers, and some of what it is running is not even present on the website itself, it might be in some online Git repo and that part could be getting updates entirely independently of anything that happens to the website itself. It might use the UA or feature detection or some other method, but anyway it can be more complicated than it appears.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

luckyramses

Unread post by luckyramses » 2020-11-11, 09:45

For me the same problem but what i nowhere can find is that it started with the latest version, also other websites did stop function properly.
Version v28.15.0

Also this website has some problems, https://www.fischerfriendsman.de
In the left upper corner there was a slideshow of products but now all are shown just in the corner.
I did find more websites with problems sorry forgot to save them.

So for me it looks like it has to do with the latest version of Palemoon.

Have i missed something, do i have to install anything?

With Firefox/ edge and google all works fine, only not with Palemoon i have problems now.

Grts ED

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-11, 10:48

I thought this thread was about crashes not web display issues and CERTAINLY NOT FOR MULTIPLE SITES.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-11, 12:13

Please keep topics focused, people.
if it's not related to kruidvat.nl's script crashes, then please do not post here as a reply as it'll be off-topic. different site -> make a different topic.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

luckyramses

Unread post by luckyramses » 2020-11-11, 18:28

Sorry but by me all trouble started after the last update so i think there is something wrong with palemoon, so other sites can have the same underlying problem and it can help to sort out the problem.
kruitvat i could open till last week and now palemoon is crashing completely it does not even shut down it does not know what to do and stands for hours with the message palemoon does not respond anymore.

While with other browsers there is no problem at all, and that is also on other websites, that is why i mentioned the other website.
Sorry but i think the problem is palemoon.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-11-11, 21:26

Well you are almost certainly wrong that it is a specific release version issue. You forget that sites as pseudo-applications on the web ALSO follow a release cycle one we can't control nor are privy to the details of and that any one site at any one time may not be exactly as it it was yesterday or tomorrow from the perspective of today. Automatically blaming the browser just pisses us off and unless you can PROVE it you won't get far.

But maybe you think the web is just a simple matter of html and haven't bothered understanding even the broadest strokes and most basic level concepts of what has been happening for the past 10-15 years. If that is the case and you are only willing to stay on the level of "it is broken, can you make it go?" then what makes you think anything we tell you other than a yes or no is even going to be within your comprehension?

rereser
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by rereser » 2021-02-18, 09:21

edit:
never mind, not working.