Santander payments

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
CSHolmes

Santander payments

Unread post by CSHolmes » 2020-10-25, 14:18

For the past few months I have been unable to make bank payments to amy new payees on my Santander bank account site. It refuses to progress the the page where I approve the payment by entering a code sent to me by text message.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Santander payments

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-10-26, 00:20

Unfortunately that's entirely not enough information to go on.
It requires a login and a payment, so not something we can reproduce, means you'd have to provide us with details (that's a good thing to do anyway ;-) ).
Please include in your reply the output of Help -> troubleshooting information, as well as
Errors in the web console (F12 -> Console) when you run into this problem.

Although a long shot you can also ask your bank to look into this problem (but likely they will just tell you to use a different browser); for them also any error message in the web console would likely be helpful if they are willing to look into their scripting.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-26, 10:39

Re-opening this thread upon request, for additional information.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Kand_in_Sky
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kand_in_Sky » 2021-04-27, 20:22

thanx for reopening the thread

this is what happens wiht santander

on
santander.de
by clicking on online-banking you will be rediretced to
https://www.santander.de/privatkunden/s ... nking.html

after that you can click on "Log-in Online Banking" which is
https://meine.santander.de/olb/

which should redirects to
https://meine.santander.de/login/#/login/

this makes no problems with
- Opera
- Basilisk
- Waterfox
(all up to date)

palemoon does not redirect, instead there is timeout error and it stops loading at
http://meine.santander.de/login/
santander palemoon.png
there are two warning messages in the network monitor before you click the online-banking button
"UC Warning: Cross-domain consent sharing is not supported by the browser"
"Diese Website verwendet anscheinend einen scroll-verknüpften Positionierungseffekt. Dies könnte mit asynchronem Verschieben (Panning) schlecht zusammenspielen; siehe https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozi ... kedEffects für weitere Details und nehmen Sie an der Diskussion über damit verbundene Werkzeuge und Funktionen teil!"

hope this will somehow help
PaleMoon & Basilisk
- on 2014 i5-4210M Notebook 8GB Win7 64Bit
- on 2014 Athlon 5350 16GB PC Win7 64Bit
- on 2018 Athlon200GE 32GB PC Win10 64Bit

Kand_in_Sky
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kand_in_Sky » 2021-04-27, 21:02

playing around with settings i think i solved it, it's quite simple
disable HSTS (in Palemoon Commander) and everything works fine
HSTS.png
PaleMoon & Basilisk
- on 2014 i5-4210M Notebook 8GB Win7 64Bit
- on 2014 Athlon 5350 16GB PC Win7 64Bit
- on 2018 Athlon200GE 32GB PC Win10 64Bit

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-27, 21:07

If that solves the problem then you should contact Santander to have them investigate their infrastructure setup -- clearly something marked as HSTS "must always be secure" isn't; that's a deal breaker. I'm guessing some other browsers with a "connect at all costs no matter the consequences" policy might not trip over broken security, but Pale Moon is strict where it should be strict.