Can't sign in to Albertsons site

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
zzz242
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Can't sign in to Albertsons site

Unread post by zzz242 » 2020-06-03, 23:43

If I go to https://www.albertsons.com/, click on Sign In / Up in the upper right, and then click Sign In in the panel that slides out from the right, nothing happens. On Chrome, a sign-in popup window appears.

This happens on a PM with no extensions installed, and with the "Block pop-up windows" option unchecked.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Can't sign in to Albertsons site

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-06-04, 03:53

Tried to access the site, it says your IP is blocked. What is it about, and do they offer anything country specific?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

zzz242
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by zzz242 » 2020-06-04, 04:01

Albertsons is a large grocery chain on the West Coast of the US. If your IP address is being blocked, I would guess that you are outside the US.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2020-06-04, 05:58

Pretty unfriendly way of dealing with it - they could just put up a notice saying we don't serve outside the US. Right now it just says 'your IP address is blocked' with no explanation or even any indication who they are. Since I can't view the site, I'd suggest checking if you've blocked cookies - sometimes that fixes these glitches. Also post relevant scripting error messages if any in the web console (Tools-Web developer-web console).
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2020-06-04, 07:31

Same here when clicking Sign In/Up -> Sign In, PM 28.9.3, fresh profile.

Code: Select all

Error: ReferenceError: event is not defined
Source File: https://www.albertsons.com/etc.clientlibs/wcax-core/clientlibs/clientlib-unified-header/albertsons.min.c1a81a627b0319c1dab738e421b9f7ba.js
Line: 180

In contrast, clicking Sign In/Up -> Create Account does work (throws up a form) and doesn't produce the above error.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2020-06-04, 08:27

I am in the uk and i get "access denied".
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Lurker_01
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Lurker_01 » 2020-06-04, 08:53

Off-topic:
For me in uy, the site is not found

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2020-06-04, 09:02

This seems to be window.event crap. See: Issue #595 (UXP)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2020-06-04, 09:07

Clicking on anything causes the Panel to slide back to hidden mode with the exception of the "Create Account" option which in this case does render a form overlay on the page.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

RJARRRPCGP
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by RJARRRPCGP » 2020-06-04, 22:06

Moonraker wrote:
2020-06-04, 08:27
I am in the uk and i get "access denied".
Looks more like Europe is IP-banned. Other than that, I would still try a UA override.

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BookMark » 2020-06-04, 23:49

Albertsons Companies is the parent of Safeway, Star Market, Shaw's, Tom Thumb, Acme, and others - with more than 1000 stores. That same site is used by many of them, with the branding changed. The site is often buggy, no matter what browser is used. It is currently silently rejecting Pale Moon, but allowing IE 11 with a banner "unsupported browser".

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2020-06-05, 00:03

Off-topic:
BookMark wrote:
2020-06-04, 23:49
Albertsons Companies is the parent of Safeway, .... It is currently silently rejecting Pale Moon, but allowing IE 11 with a banner "unsupported browser".
(post referenced above edited to highlight what is pertinent to my comments)

Safeway has their own website and I've been logging into the Safeway site w/out any issues for a long time using Pale Moon (notwithstanding however Albertson's website does have issues with Pale Moon however).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BookMark » 2020-06-06, 02:56

Maybe they have more than one site - but this one is the same as the others mentioned - with the missing Sign-In panel:
https://www.safeway.com/

If that is working for you, perhaps you have hit upon a setting that fixes the problem.
The links to all of their sites are here - not all use this web design:
https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/home.html

The only reason I had mentioned this was to point out that it affected a very number of markets.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2020-06-06, 05:01

^ I just tried my link (the one I've always used and worked w/out a problem) to login to Safeway -- and I'm getting the same looking page now as what is reported in this topic. And I'm unable to login as well at this (Safeway) site as it is now. It appears that perhaps their login page has changed since as I think about it -- I do not recall at all a login panel that slides into view from the left side of the page like it does now. As I recall I used to click on a login link near the top-right of the page and a login overlay page would display in the center of the page (at least this is my recollection).

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-06-06, 16:59

got the same 'blocked' message on FF latest...

but.. the albertsonscompanies.com link works.. could it be 'maintenance?? :P
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2020-06-06, 17:14

illiad wrote:
2020-06-06, 16:59
got the same 'blocked' message on FF latest...
Works fine for me on Firefox (latest). Click login on side-panel then left side-panel slides off web the page and new login overlay is rendered as such:
Safeway sign-in works on FF.png
.. It is this login overlay (screen-shot) above that fails to display in Pale Moon. :(

ADDENDUM: Decided to check Basilisk -- same results as Pale Moon (the above login overlay that occurs when clicking on Login link in side-panel does not work in both)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2020-06-06, 21:26

I am using FF 68.09 esr, still no luck.. I only use it for 'stoopid' websites though.. it's awfully restricted, addons work so weirdly... you find some good ones, but then they stop working days later...
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2020-06-06, 21:53

illiad wrote:
2020-06-06, 21:26
I am using FF 68.09 esr, still no luck.. I only use it for 'stoopid' websites though.. it's awfully restricted, addons work so weirdly... you find some good ones, but then they stop working days later...
I'm using FF 76.0.1 (64-bit) -- found there's an update when checking on this so updated to 77.0.1 -- Safeway website login continues to work OK after update... try updating your FF. (since Safeway no longer works on Pale Moon I'll probably have to be using FF for this website for now).

I use the Pale Moon "Open with..." add-on so I can continue to use Pale Moon and just do a right-click on the Safeway Website from Pale Moon in this case to open FF for this site until something changes this behavior in Pale Moon:
I stay in PM and right-click on the website to open FF for the site.png
Makes it easy this way to otherwise basically keep using Pale Moon and then simply close FF when I'm done with Safeway leaving me to ostensibly still be using my preferred browser, Pale Moon :thumbup: for virtually everything else... (this is what I did for the Citibank login until a resolution was eventually found for that login -- my goal is to use Pale Moon for everything I possibly can ;) as I don't like switching browsers if I can help it).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BookMark » 2020-06-07, 03:40

Javascript is involved with this. Disabling javascript changes the behavior of the dropdown link: "Sign In / Up" to a simple link to a page with a place to create an account, and below that a link to sign in if you already have one. That links to another page with an area to enter your email address and password. That appears to be working to a point - but even if javascript is re-enabled, it fails and links to a rather humorous 500 error page.