Discourse forums no longer allowing me to log in Topic is solved

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
Please one website per topic thread (to help keep things organized). While behavior on different sites might at first glance seem similar, they are not necessarily caused by the same.

Please try to include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Discourse forums no longer allowing me to log in

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-01-27, 00:19

I'm now having this problem with http://community.frontrowcrew.com

I installed the Modify HTTP Response extension, but where I do I send that script?
Do I put it in filters? The "Custum Var" bar? I tried both and it did nothing.

adoxa
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by adoxa » 2023-01-27, 06:01

They use their own local version of discourse, so the host isn't matching. Use this as the filter:

Code: Select all

[["/global\\.discourse-cdn\\.com|community\\.frontrowcrew\\.com/",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])"]]]]

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-01-27, 07:30

Wow, that was easier than I thought! Thanks! :thumbup:

elmer91
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by elmer91 » 2023-01-28, 19:18

Hello,

This is the exact same discourse based problem here: https://forum.openwrt.org

This filters makes the trick, thanks @adoxa :

[["forum.openwrt.org",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])"]]]]

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-01-29, 02:55

A new problem has arisen from this workaround: The post button doesn't appear when trying to respond to a thread.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-01-29, 04:18

I am not having that problem, Daikun.

Posting is working just fine for me with the workaround, and the posting window looks normal.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

ari88
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by ari88 » 2023-01-30, 01:50

I've tried the Modify HTTP Response workaround laid out here (without the Greasemonkey script, since several comments mentioned it was unnecessary), but it doesn't seem to work. I copy paste the code into the Filters box under Preferences then restart Pale Moon. Nothing. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I did not realise that the rules are site specific - so I've got it working perfectly now, thanks to Kris_88.

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2023-01-30, 06:15

Daikun wrote:
2023-01-29, 02:55
A new problem has arisen from this workaround: The post button doesn't appear when trying to respond to a thread.
Update: A day later, the Reply button is miraculously back. :eh:
Not sure what happened, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. (Interestingly, when I visited the site today, it had a loading screen before launching the forum. Maybe Discourse updated recently...?)
Still, be prepared in case anyone else gets that strange glitch in the future.

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2023-01-30, 10:38

Daikun wrote:
2023-01-30, 06:15
Daikun wrote:
2023-01-29, 02:55
Still, be prepared in case anyone else gets that strange glitch in the future.
I usually don’t do that, but in this case I even registered on that forum. I received an activation letter, clicked on the link and received a message that now the moderator should confirm my registration. For about a day I periodically tried to enter and received a message that the moderator had not yet confirmed. And finally, when trying to enter, I began to receive a message that my name or password is incorrect. That is, the moderator silently deleted my registration, as I understand it. :) This is probably such a new way of collecting emails? :D
Therefore, do not be surprised about the "Post" button. This forum simply does not want users to write posts. :D

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2023-02-03, 17:11

I have a similar problem with community.cartalk.com which worked until very recently.

I get
Screenshot 2023-02-03 092048.png
With 'Modify HTTP Response' I tried :

[["/global\\.discourse-cdn\\.com|community\\.frontrowcrew\\.com/",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])"]]]]
which seems to work but I am wary of a 'global' setting and finding other things go wacko.

I tried

[["community.cartalk.com",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])"]]]]
which did not work. I thought I was using this correctly but I guess not.

My TS page
Application Basics
------------------

Name: Pale Moon
Version: 32.0.0 (64-bit)
Build ID: 20230123115905
Update Channel: release
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/6.0 Firefox/102.0 PaleMoon/32.0.0
Safe Mode: false

Extensions
----------

Name: Add Bookmark Helper
Version: 1.0.6
Enabled: true
ID: abh2me@Off.JustOff

Name: CacheSwitch
Version: 0.7
ID: {e90888b8-ee55-452b-8492-f2d54e8a9ab5}

Name: Classic Add-ons Archive
Version: 2.0.3
ID: ca-archive@Off.JustOff

Name: ColorPili
Version: 1.0.2
ID: {44d02d22-bc0f-480a-b009-2b3eaa5772a3}

Name: Config Comments
Version: 1.0
ID: ConfigCommentsk@gracious1.cat

Name: FEBE
Version: 10.4
ID: {4BBDD651-70CF-4821-84F8-2B918CF89CA3}

Name: Find Buttons
Version: 1.1.3.1-signed
ID: find-single@codefisher.org

Name: HTTPS Always
Version: 5.2.26
ID: https-always@hyperbola.info

Name: Open With
Version: 6.8.6
ID: openwith@darktrojan.net

Name: Pale Moon Commander
Version: 3.0.1
ID: commander@palemoon.org

Name: Palefill Web Technologies Polyfill
Version: 1.26
ID: palefill@addons.martoks-place.de

Name: Reload and Skip Cache
Version: 1.0.2
ID: reloadskipcache@franklindm

Name: Sasuga
Version: 2.2.1
ID: sasuga@vannilla.org

Name: Session Manager
Version: 0.8.1.14
ID: {1280606b-2510-4fe0-97ef-9b5a22eafe30}

Name: Title Bar Customizer
Version: 1.4
ID: {583c9310-98a6-11eb-a6b6-0800200c9a66}

Name: Toolbar Buttons
Version: 1.1
ID: {03B08592-E5B4-45ff-A0BE-C1D975458688}

Name: uBlock Origin
Version: 1.16.4.30
ID: uBlock0@raymondhill.net

Name: URL Clipper
Version: 1.0.3
ID: url-clipper@tekir.org

Name: User Agent Status
Version: 1.7.2
ID: {05e3b9e9-0849-4202-9266-bc8a50b3e91f}

Name: Digger Reloaded
Version: 1.8.1-signed.1-signed
Enabled: false
ID: digger@fun.update

Name: Noia Moon Options
Version: 2.1.1
ID: noia-options@addons.palemoon.org

Name: ηMatrix
Version: 5.0.2
ID: eMatrix@vannilla.org

Graphics
--------

Features
Compositing: Direct3D 11
GPU Accelerated Windows: 5/5 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
Asynchronous Pan/Zoom: none
WebGL 1 Driver WSI Info: EGL_VENDOR: Google Inc. (adapter LUID: 00000000000102e7) EGL_VERSION: 1.4 (ANGLE 2.1.0.) EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_ANGLE_d3d_share_handle_client_buffer EGL_ANGLE_surface_d3d_texture_2d_share_handle EGL_ANGLE_query_surface_pointer EGL_ANGLE_window_fixed_size EGL_ANGLE_keyed_mutex EGL_ANGLE_surface_orientation EGL_ANGLE_direct_composition EGL_NV_post_sub_buffer EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_device_query EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_consumer_gltexture_yuv EGL_ANGLE_flexible_surface_compatibility EGL_ANGLE_stream_producer_d3d_texture_nv12 EGL_EXTENSIONS(nullptr): EGL_EXT_client_extensions EGL_EXT_platform_base EGL_EXT_platform_device EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle_d3d EGL_ANGLE_device_creation EGL_ANGLE_device_creation_d3d11 EGL_ANGLE_experimental_present_path EGL_KHR_client_get_all_proc_addresses
WebGL 1 Driver Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
WebGL 1 Driver Version: OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.)
WebGL 1 Driver Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_sRGB GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_KHR_debug GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture
WebGL 1 Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_frag_depth EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_disjoint_timer_query MOZ_debug_get OES_element_index_uint OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc1 WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc MOZ_WEBGL_depth_texture
WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info: EGL_VENDOR: Google Inc. (adapter LUID: 00000000000102e7) EGL_VERSION: 1.4 (ANGLE 2.1.0.) EGL_EXTENSIONS: EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_ANGLE_d3d_share_handle_client_buffer EGL_ANGLE_surface_d3d_texture_2d_share_handle EGL_ANGLE_query_surface_pointer EGL_ANGLE_window_fixed_size EGL_ANGLE_keyed_mutex EGL_ANGLE_surface_orientation EGL_ANGLE_direct_composition EGL_NV_post_sub_buffer EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_EXT_device_query EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_stream EGL_KHR_stream_consumer_gltexture EGL_NV_stream_consumer_gltexture_yuv EGL_ANGLE_flexible_surface_compatibility EGL_ANGLE_stream_producer_d3d_texture_nv12 EGL_EXTENSIONS(nullptr): EGL_EXT_client_extensions EGL_EXT_platform_base EGL_EXT_platform_device EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle EGL_ANGLE_platform_angle_d3d EGL_ANGLE_device_creation EGL_ANGLE_device_creation_d3d11 EGL_ANGLE_experimental_present_path EGL_KHR_client_get_all_proc_addresses
WebGL 2 Driver Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
WebGL 2 Driver Version: OpenGL ES 3.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.)
WebGL 2 Driver Extensions: GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_sRGB GL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_OES_texture_npot GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_NV_fence GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_KHR_debug GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture GL_EXT_texture_norm16
WebGL 2 Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic EXT_disjoint_timer_query MOZ_debug_get OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc1 WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_lose_context MOZ_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc
Hardware H264 Decoding: Yes; Using D3D11 API
Audio Backend: wasapi
Direct2D: true
DirectWrite: true (10.0.19041.1566)
GPU #1
Active: Yes
Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x2182
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1659
Driver Date: 6-23-2022
Drivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumdx.dll C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumd.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispsig.inf_amd64_7c4486dea3d29a83\nvldumd.dll
Subsys ID: 00000000
RAM: 6144

Diagnostics
ClearType Parameters: Gamma: 2.2 Pixel Structure: BGR ClearType Level: 50 Enhanced Contrast: 400
AzureCanvasAccelerated: 0
AzureCanvasBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureContentBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: cairo
ClearType Parameters: Gamma: 2.2 Pixel Structure: BGR ClearType Level: 50 Enhanced Contrast: 400

Important Modified Preferences
------------------------------

accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar: 0
browser.cache.disk.capacity: 358400
browser.cache.disk.enable: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max: false
browser.cache.memory.enable: false
browser.download.importedFromSqlite: true
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion: 4
browser.search.useDBForOrder: true
browser.startup.homepage: https://encrypted.google.com/advanced_s ... as_qdr=all
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID: 20230123115905
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone: 6.0.0
browser.tabs.warnOnClose: false
browser.tabs.warnOnCloseOtherTabs: false
dom.max_chrome_script_run_time: 60
extensions.lastAppVersion: 32.0.0
font.internaluseonly.changed: false
general.useragent.override.community.cartalk.com: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.102 Safari/537.36 Edge
general.useragent.updates.lastupdated: 1660575197174
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.appVersion: 32.0.0
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.deviceID: 0x2182
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.driverVersion: 31.0.15.1659
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d2d: true
gfx.crash-guard.d3d11layers.feature-d3d11: true
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11layers: 2
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d11video: 2
gfx.crash-guard.status.d3d9video: 2
media.benchmark.vp9.fps: 342
media.benchmark.vp9.versioncheck: 3
media.hardware-video-decoding.failed: false
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
places.database.lastMaintenance: 1674864959
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 110046
privacy.GPCheader.enabled: true
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs: true
security.disable_button.openDeviceManager: false
services.sync.declinedEngines:
storage.vacuum.last.index: 1
storage.vacuum.last.places.sqlite: 1673914248
ui.osk.debug.keyboardDisplayReason: IKPOS: Touch screen not found.

Important Locked Preferences
----------------------------

Places Database
---------------

JavaScript
----------

Incremental GC: true

Accessibility
-------------

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 1

Library Versions
----------------

NSPR
Expected minimum version: 4.25
Version in use: 4.25

NSS
Expected minimum version: 3.52.8
Version in use: 3.52.8

NSSSMIME

NSSSSL

NSSUTIL
[/ hide]

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-02-03, 23:57

Unfortunately, as of this evening, the workaround no longer works. It worked up until this afternoon.

Both Kris_88's standalone filter, as well as the Greasemonkey script + Modify HTTP Response filter combination that I have been using up until now are now resulting in there being just a blank page when trying to access the Discourse forum.

I tried a modified version of what adoxa suggested here (with the website that I was trying to access put in the script instead of the one that Daikun was looking to access), to no avail, nor did just using that script exactly as already it is work.
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

"I used to think I was a grumpy old man, but I don't hold a candle compared to Tharthan."Cassette, 9 September 2020

Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2023-02-04, 01:41

Tharthan wrote:
2023-02-03, 23:57
Unfortunately, as of this evening, the workaround no longer works.
The site was updated...

For discourse.psychopy.org :

[["global.discourse-cdn.com",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])","e??={}","e??(e={})"]]]]
Also suitable for community.cartalk.com.

For community.frontrowcrew.com :

[["/global\\.discourse-cdn\\.com|community\\.frontrowcrew\\.com/",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])","e??={}","e??(e={})"]]]]
For forum.italia.it :

[["forum.italia.it",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])","e??={}","e??(e={})"]]]]
For forum.manjaro.org :

[["forum.manjaro.org",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["t.discourse.hoisted??={}","t.discourse.hoisted??(t.discourse.hoisted={})","n??=[]","n||(n=[])","t[e]??=[]","t[e]??(t[e]=[])","r||={}","r||(r={})"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","n||={}","n||(n={})","f[e]??=[]","f[e]??(f[e]=[])","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??=[]","t.__registry__._typeInjections.service??(t.__registry__._typeInjections.service=[])","e??={}","e??(e={})"]]]]

adoxa
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by adoxa » 2023-02-04, 06:51

Just use the one for them all (adjust the host for new ones):

[["/global\\.discourse-cdn\\.com|community\\.(frontrowcrew|cartalk)\\.com|forum\\.(manjaro|openwrt)\\.org|forum\\.italia\\.it/",["/browser-detect-/",["/.*/g",""]],["/vendor-/",["/(t\\.discourse\\.hoisted|t\\[e\\]|r)(\\?\\?|\\|\\|)=(\\{\\}|\\[\\])/g","$1$2($1=$3)","n??=[]","n||(n=[])"]],["/discourse-/",["e.draft||=t.draft","e.draft||(e.draft=t.draft)","/(t\\.__registry__\\._typeInjections\\.service|[ne]|f\\[e\\])(\\?\\?|\\|\\|)=(\\[\\]|\\{\\})/g","$1$2($1=$3)"]]]]

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-02-05, 18:28

Thank you for that, the two of you!

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-02-07, 00:05

Many thanks for the workarounds. Added these two:

|resource\.dopus\.com/
https://resource.dopus.com/ (seems to work well)

|community\.bitwarden\.com/
https://community.bitwarden.com/ (has a few problems: left hamburger menu and right notifications window seem to misbehave)

edit: Tried bitwarden again with no changes and it now works fine. Weird.

adoxa
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by adoxa » 2023-02-07, 06:41

back2themoon wrote:
2023-02-07, 00:05

|community\.bitwarden\.com/
That could be done as frontrowcrew|cartalk|bitwarden.

Tharthan
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tharthan » 2023-02-07, 15:39

back2themoon wrote:
2023-02-07, 00:05
(has a few problems: left hamburger menu and right notifications window seem to misbehave)

[...]

edit: Tried bitwarden again with no changes and it now works fine. Weird.
Yes, admittedly there are some minor bugs.

I, for example, have for about a week experienced two or three times now the temporary mysteriously disappearing reply button issue that Daikun mentioned earlier in the thread. There will randomly be no reply button for about thirty minutes to an hour, and then all of a sudden the button returns. Or, there is no reply button one minute, and then when I try to reply five minutes later the reply button returns.

It doesn't happen consistently, and certainly not enough to get in my way too much. And it's definitely not due to some thread-specific setting that limits replies—when the reply button disappears, it disappears throughout the whole forum.

It's not a big deal to me, though. Especially given that for months prior to the main issue that this thread revolves around first popping up, I had noticed that attempting to do things such as clicking the buttons in the Discourse posting window to insert a link, bolden words, or italicise words, no longer worked. But since that can be worked around by just manually doing all of that within the post via markdown, it's no biggie.

I accept that given that Discourse does not support the Pale Moon browser, one uses Discourse forums at one's own risk.
Off-topic:
Frankly, I wish that Discourse had never come to be the newly accepted de facto standard for forums that didn't die out after the Golden Age of the Internet.

The Pale Moon forum is obviously an exception to that trend (for the most part because of the nature of our community and the project here, I suspect, but perhaps also because of its relatively late founding when compared to most other continuedly popular, stable forums still in existence) as are the Something Awful forums (owing in large part, from what I understand, to the modifications made over the years to the code of those forums that couldn't be easily ported over, and also to an extent due the unique nature and history of that community). The Sitcoms Online forum is one more exception that immediately comes to mind.

The excuse that I have often heard from forums that adopted Discourse is that the forum software that they had used prior was "out of date," and that not "updating" to Discourse would have been irresponsible and put the forum users at risk, because Discourse is supposedly the premier forum software and also the "safest".
Last edited by Tharthan on 2023-02-07, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-02-07, 17:55

Tharthan wrote:
2023-02-07, 15:39
Off-topic:
...because Discourse is supposedly the premier forum software and also the "safest".

It's certainly the crappiest, even before the recent "incompatibilities".

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2023-02-10, 17:19

Another one: community.mp3tag.de

Workaround seems to work, I don't currently have an account to log in.

nero355
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by nero355 » 2023-02-12, 14:20

vannilla wrote:
2023-01-22, 16:58
freedom4all wrote:
2023-01-22, 00:15
for the next 10 years of the Internet
Wouldn't that then mean not following a living standard changing every month but rather use tried and tested features?
What shiny new feature do you even need to display some text, an image as avatar and a submission form, that is not already available now?
You gotta love those internet webstandards and the drama they have caused over the last 25+ years! :(

I just clicked on a link to a forum that uses Discourse and had the same issue as the TS did so I thought let's go the Pi-Hole Forum since that has always worked without any issue and yep... same issue! :x

The URL's are :
- https://community.freedom.nl/
- https://discourse.pi-hole.net/

So i was wondering :
- Should we as the users of Pale Moon e-mail Discourse about this and complain ?
Their e-mail adres is team@discourse.org
- What should we do in general when we encounter a website that has some kind of issue with Pale Moon ??

Reason I am asking :
Over the last couple of months I seem to encounter more and more website that have some kind of issue (small or huge) with Pale Moon :cry: