mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.

Please try and include any relevant output from the Toolkit Error Console or the Developer Tools Web Console using the following procedure:
  1. Clear any current output
  2. Navigate or refresh the page in question
  3. Copy and paste Errors or seemingly relevant Warnings into a single [ code ] block.
vershner
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 18
Joined: 2016-11-25, 12:01

mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by vershner » 2022-10-03, 13:35

mail.zoho.com no longer loads with 31.3.0.1. I have another machine still on 31.2.0.1 and it still works there.
Tested on Windows server 2019 and MX-Linux 19.4 with the same result.

The login screen loads, the reminder to set up 2FA loads, but then the actual mailbox just sits on the loading screen.

I get these errors in the console:

Code: Select all

14:27:05.388 SyntaxError: invalid identity escape in regular expression 1 default-node_modules_zohomail_email-address-util_index_js.0a4311a15c6473ea9838.js:1:3231
14:27:05.399 Error:  1 core-js.658c781c546569cd469a.js:1:37866

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32948
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-10-03, 14:02

if 31.2.0.1 works, then try setting up a site-specific user-agent override with a Firefox 68 user-agent string. please let me know if that works so I can make that a default override for zoho.com
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

vershner
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer
Posts: 18
Joined: 2016-11-25, 12:01

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by vershner » 2022-10-03, 15:04

Yes, that worked. Thanks for your help!

User avatar
thomaxz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 2022-07-21, 20:48

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by thomaxz » 2022-10-03, 18:30

vershner wrote:
2022-10-03, 13:35
mail.zoho.com no longer loads with 31.3.0.1. I have another machine still on 31.2.0.1 and it still works there.
Tested on Windows server 2019 and MX-Linux 19.4 with the same result.

The login screen loads, the reminder to set up 2FA loads, but then the actual mailbox just sits on the loading screen.

I get these errors in the console:

Code: Select all

14:27:05.388 SyntaxError: invalid identity escape in regular expression 1 default-node_modules_zohomail_email-address-util_index_js.0a4311a15c6473ea9838.js:1:3231
14:27:05.399 Error:  1 core-js.658c781c546569cd469a.js:1:37866
For me it works in 31.3.0.1 by setting the Compality User Agent Mode to "Native"

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32948
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-10-03, 22:05

Thanks, I'll classify zoho as being served best with "Native UA" then.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

User avatar
karku
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 2022-11-24, 08:55

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by karku » 2022-11-24, 09:02

Zoho with "Native UA" doesn't work with Zoho.eu under PM 31.4 (last version) ?

I also tried with 31.2.0.1 and 31.3.1 with the same negative result. :thumbdown:

Could you please fix this issue definetely ? Thank you.

PS: I really need it as the company wich I'm working, we're using Zoho tools (cliq, crm, workdrive,...)

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32948
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-24, 12:56

An override was set for zoho specifically (site-specific) which means it will ignore your global setting.

If it stopped working again (can someone confirm?) then we need a different UA again (sigh). I hate whack-a-mole.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

User avatar
karku
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 2022-11-24, 08:55

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by karku » 2022-11-24, 13:30

I tried again and I confirm that I can access to mail.zoho.eu to check my inbox, but I still can't access to cliq.zoho.eu. With "cliq.zoho.eu" I got an error message from cliq that said I need to update my browser. This is with 31.2.0.1 PM version.

Thank you for your support. ;)
Moonchild wrote:
2022-11-24, 12:56
An override was set for zoho specifically (site-specific) which means it will ignore your global setting.

If it stopped working again (can someone confirm?) then we need a different UA again (sigh). I hate whack-a-mole.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32948
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-24, 14:31

zoho.eu != zoho.com so the override for zoho.com will have no effect if you use zoho.eu

You may have to add a site-specific override for zoho.eu for it to work.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

User avatar
karku
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 2022-11-24, 08:55

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by karku » 2022-11-24, 17:01

So, let me know how to do it ? ;)
Moonchild wrote:
2022-11-24, 14:31
You may have to add a site-specific override for zoho.eu for it to work.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 32948
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-11-24, 21:25

You can use the "sasuga" extension to quickly add a site-specific override, or do it manually by doing the following:

In the address bar, type about:config and press enter
Right-click on the configuration editor list, select New -> String
As name, use:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.zoho.eu
For value, use:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:5.2) Goanna/20170101 PaleMoon/31.4.0
That would add the same override for zoho.eu that was added for zoho.com previously.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

User avatar
karku
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 2022-11-24, 08:55

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by karku » 2022-11-25, 09:23

I've just tried with your new string and value but it doesn't work.
I also tried with "workdrive.zoho.eu". I got a blank page.
Check the attached files
-- Moderator note: attachments removed by request of poster


Moonchild wrote:
2022-11-24, 21:25
You can use the "sasuga" extension to quickly add a site-specific override, or do it manually by doing the following:

In the address bar, type about:config and press enter
Right-click on the configuration editor list, select New -> String
As name, use:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.zoho.eu
For value, use:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (%OS_SLICE% rv:5.2) Goanna/20170101 PaleMoon/31.4.0
That would add the same override for zoho.eu that was added for zoho.com previously.

User avatar
franstam
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 73
Joined: 2017-03-27, 10:16

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by franstam » 2022-11-26, 13:15

are there any errors on the browser error console?

User avatar
karku
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 2022-11-24, 08:55

Re: mail.zoho.com stopped working with 31.3.0.1

Unread post by karku » 2022-11-28, 08:40

@Moonchild : Any news ?
@franstam : Where can I see the errors in the console ?

Post Reply