Ebay: "Access To Website Blocked"

For support with specific websites

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
Please always mention the name/domain of the website in question in your topic title.
kashalot
New to the forum
New to the forum

Ebay: "Access To Website Blocked"

Post by kashalot » 2020-08-11, 22:31

I can't sign in to ebay. After writing username and password I see "Access To Website Blocked". It's started 29 july. In Chrome - all right. What I can change in preferences of my browser?

KlarkKentThe3rd
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Ebay: "Access To Website Blocked"

Post by KlarkKentThe3rd » 2020-08-12, 01:42

I use the latest Mac community build. Just signed in without a problem. Something's wrong on your end, and it has to be fixable.

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by BookMark » 2020-08-12, 03:10

It appears there are a few Chrome users having eBay problems. Here is one of the posts in their community forums:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To ... p/31069914

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2020-08-12, 08:26

I just made a purchase on ebay last night. no problem logging in, browsing, adding to cart, manipulating cart, going through a purchase and checking out.
No blocked sites, no access denied, etc. :?
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by Night Wing » 2020-08-12, 11:23

@ kashalot

Have you tried a different user agent for eBay?

My wife got a prompt with the "Access Denied" when she tried to complete a purchase on eBay a few weeks ago.

Since my wife uses 64 bit linux Pale Moon, I made a custom user agent for her to use in 64 bit linux Pale Moon. She now has no problems logging into eBay and completing her purchases.

As a matte of fact, she made a purchase on eBay last night so she had to login to eBay to do that since she never stays logged in to eBay.
Linux Mint 20 (Ulyana) Xfce 64 Bit with 64 Bit linux Pale Moon

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Lunokhod » 2020-08-12, 13:01

I can sign in with a fresh profile, unstable Linux, (default user agent) but am using a different user agent due to an earlier problem with making payments in my usual profile. I'd suggest first trying a fresh profile, and if it works, then in your usual profile, first try disabling any addons, plugins, extensions, then try deleting eBay related cookies, then if that still doesn't do it clear cookies / cache / history (but that can be inconvenient if you have lots of website prefs stored.)
Reading the page linked by bookmark, it could be due to settings allowing cookies to be stored - or not - which causes this though, and not a cookie clearing thing. A fresh profile would also give default settings, so you could compare them if it did work.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Tomaso » 2020-08-12, 13:19

You wouldn't be blocking their fullpage.*.js script, by any chance?
It needs to be allowed, in order so solve a captcha, which is required for login.
The script was previously hosted at qbox.me, but they seem to have moved it to geetest.com now.

BookMark
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by BookMark » 2020-08-13, 04:53

I have never had a problem using Pale Moon with eBay and log in every day (usually not buying anything)... Adblock Latitude and Privacy Badger are enabled. Recently about 3 times I have gotten what must be the new Geetest Captcha mentioned by Tamaso. However it is simple - requiring only moving a single puzzle piece into a puzzle, and not designed to annoy like Google's Captcha. Most times I don't get it. However, if something blocked javascript, I think the inability of the Captcha to run would result in "Access To Website Blocked" with no visible explanation.

It is somewhat satisfying to see that the "perfect" browser Chrome is affected.