Fürchterliches Image - Awful Pale Moon Icon

For user discussions written in German
VevendoVides
Moonbather
Moonbather

Fürchterliches Image - Awful Pale Moon Icon

Unread post by VevendoVides » 2019-07-02, 16:58

Hallo, ich habe gerade das Update eingespielt und alles funktioniert soweit (auch die deutsche Sprachdatei). Aber dieses grauenhaft blasse Logo (Mond) geht ja nun gar nicht, es sieht fürchterlich aus. Habe ich was falsch gemacht oder soll das Ding jetzt so sein? Danke für einen Hinweis (Win 8.1)

Hi, I've installed the new update and everything works at present (also the german Language-File). But this horrible new logo is not ok in my Opinion. This light-grey Icon (moon) is looking awfull. Did I did something wrong or shall that 'thing' now be state of the art? Many thanks for every Hint (Win 8.1)

LigH1L
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Fürchterliches Image - Awful Pale Moon Icon

Unread post by LigH1L » 2019-07-02, 17:06

Anscheinend das gleiche wie hier im Forum. Ja, der Mond ist blass. Aber nun auch regelrecht leblos. Ein wenig mehr Profil sähe besser aus. Sonst wird es ja ein "Flach-Mond" (und die Flache Erde ist schon lächerlich genug).

Apparently the same as in the forums here. Yes, the moon is pale. But now, downright lifeless. A little more profile would suit him. Just to avoid being a "Flat Moon" (because the "Flat Earth" on its own is ridiculous enough).
Fun and success!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-02, 18:30

Ihre Meinungen wurden zur Kenntnis genommen.
Your opinions have been noted.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-07-02, 20:14

Being old and blind, I can no longer see which button on the taskbar is PM. Please go back to the darker icons.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

AIRoebl

Unread post by AIRoebl » 2019-07-02, 20:43

+1 for darker icon please. It's so pale now that it's almost the same colour as the task bar.

sunstarunicorn
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by sunstarunicorn » 2019-07-03, 02:26

I admit that I'm the type to cling to what I'm used to, which isn't always a good thing. Change is inevitable after all and nothing can stay the same forever.

Still, I agree with the arguments presented here regarding the brand new icon. I do think it could grow on me and I'm sure you've put a lot of thought and work into it, but perhaps there could be an option for users to use the older icon? Have the new icon by default, then offer the older icon in some part of the settings? Or maybe as part of the installer and/or updater?

Thank you for considering our opinions and, as always, thank you for a wonderful browser that lets us choose how to use it and customize it.
Then I shall name you Tinúviel Beria uin Morchaint, which means 'Daughter of Twilight protecting from the Shadows' in Elvish.

Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen.

He is not a tame Lion...but he is Good.

Connect, Respect, Protect

Let's Keep the Peace!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-03, 04:36

No
no
no
no
no
no
no
no older icon
no revert
no 2 icons
no mixed branding

The older logo is history. Period. End of discussion.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

LigH1L
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LigH1L » 2019-07-03, 04:42

Then, maybe ... a bit of shadow around it, or a little more 3D at the perimeter?
Fun and success!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-03, 04:48

See other threads. There's an offer to change the 16x16 icon slightly to help contrast, so if you like that, let us know.