android profiles and data

Discussions about applications built on our platform code that do not have a dedicated board.

Moderators: trava90, athenian200

TJ-287
Moongazer
Moongazer

android profiles and data

Unread post by TJ-287 » 2022-06-04, 20:48

Hi, all. Another two quick questions about PM Sync, and one about profiles (separate forum topics; look up the others if you like). I hope this is an okay place to post about PM for android since that board is closed.

I need to back up bookmarks and stuff prior to a reset, and because I'm doing it 'coz I've got a trojan :evil: , I'd like to do it manually, offline, ideally.

I know I can probably do it with ADB, but I discovered a far simpler something with MiXplorer that might let me trick copying my profile which I think will have my bookmarks and reading list files, yes?

I can't browse to whatever the location is because it's a Motorola e5 Play with encrypted drive and anything other than MiXplorer's own folder doesn't show up under .../data/data/, but it seems like I can open a location if I input the address directly because I added org.palemoon.android and it opened that folder apparently, tho showing no items. I'm hoping that if I put in the appropriate file location, MiX will prompt an Open As... or Open With... and I can do that or tell it Copy To... or Download, whatever.

Can somebody give me the file address(es) that I'd need, or at least a good guess at them? I'm running PMa v.25.4.1/OS 8.0.0; MiXplorer is v.6.46.1, tho I don't think that should matter.

I'm confident I'm gonna root my phone after this, maybe a custom ROM, too. :shh:

Thanks.