White Star 29.1.1

Discussions about applications built on UXP that do not have a dedicated board.

Moderator: trava90

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 29932
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by Moonchild » 2021-04-02, 07:17

dbsoft wrote:
2021-04-02, 07:12
The only changes were the branding, I thought I made that pretty clear. Sorry if it wasn't.
Sorry but if you say (emphasis added by me):
dbsoft wrote:
2021-03-31, 21:21
Everything is the same except for the branding and built-in URLs.
Then that implies you changed things outside of branding. Especially if you included the term "built-in" further implying it's something hard-coded in the application code.

Also, if you based your branding on official branding (beta or release) please be careful that you aren't inadvertently using any official release API key e.g. for geolocation. They are restricted to official Pale Moon only as they are tied to my account.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss
Image

User avatar
dbsoft
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 128
Joined: 2020-02-21, 17:35

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by dbsoft » 2021-04-02, 07:22

Ok when I said built-in I meant in the branding... meaning I didn't have them continue to point to the pale moon sites.

I am not sure how geolocation works, I probably didn't change that key... where do I get a key of my own for that?

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 29932
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by Moonchild » 2021-04-02, 07:33

dbsoft wrote:
2021-04-02, 07:22
I am not sure how geolocation works, I probably didn't change that key... where do I get a key of my own for that?
What branding did you base yours on? I'm assuming you made a copy then edited as-needed.

If it's unofficial branding: you're good as no API keys are included for it.
Please be aware that is MPL licensed and you need to publish any changes to those files unless you replaced files with your own from scratch.

If it's one of the official branding ones: They are not open source licensed (see the various text files to that effect in /branding) and you'll have to create your own. Fine to use official branding as inspiration of course but you can't just copy and edit in that case.
Primarily the prefs files include geo.wifi.uri with an API key in official branding and update certificate definitions that you should not be using.
You aren't allowed to use that key. If you want to use geolocation in white star you can use the public (non-TLS) version of the URI without a key or register on IP-API.com and get a pro account to get your own key for TLS use.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss
Image

User avatar
dbsoft
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 128
Joined: 2020-02-21, 17:35

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by dbsoft » 2021-04-02, 07:35

I can't remember which one I based it on... might have been the beta branding.... that computer is currently in Windows... I'll boot it up a little later and if it has that set in the branding, I'll remove it and update the build on my site.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 29932
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by Moonchild » 2021-04-02, 07:37

Thanks, i appreciate it.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss
Image

cpreiss
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 69
Joined: 2017-12-14, 07:07

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by cpreiss » 2021-04-04, 20:58

can i get support for white star for mac here. i cant get my bookmarks to show on the bookmarks toolbar. theyre in the toolbar folder

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 9663
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Seriphia Galaxy

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-04, 21:13

cpreiss wrote:
2021-04-04, 20:58
can i get support for white star for mac here.
No.
The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.
Image

cpreiss
Moonbather
Moonbather
Posts: 69
Joined: 2017-12-14, 07:07

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by cpreiss » 2021-04-04, 21:19

is there a place

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side
Posts: 9663
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Seriphia Galaxy

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-04, 21:20

I doubt it since he jumped the gun and didn't even have a couple ducks in a row.
The universe is driven by the complex interaction between three ingredients: matter, energy, and enlightened self-interest.
Image

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 29932
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by Moonchild » 2021-04-05, 09:29

cpreiss wrote:
2021-04-04, 21:19
is there a place
You'll have to ask the maintainer on his website and keep an eye on when he'll have support channel(s) set up.
Honestly installing a bog standard phpBB takes at most 30 minutes to have fully running even if you have to install prerequisites. Hosting companies often offer 1-click installs of fora too so... there really is no reason to not have anything set up very soon.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss
Image

User avatar
dbsoft
Fanatic
Fanatic
Posts: 128
Joined: 2020-02-21, 17:35

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by dbsoft » 2021-04-07, 22:01

Support forum for White Star and previous MacOS builds of Pale Moon is now available at the DBSoft web site at: https://dbsoft.org/forum/

Hope to see all previous Pale Moon Mac users there! :)

(I spent a few days looking through options before settling on a software choice... didn't think I would need the forum immediately since I haven't even forked the software yet)

Brian
Last edited by dbsoft on 2021-04-07, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru
Posts: 29932
Joined: 2011-08-28, 17:27
Location: Tranås, SE
Contact:

Re: White Star 29.1.1

Post by Moonchild » 2021-04-08, 02:59

Good luck!

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
Henceforth all requests regarding White Star shall be directed to dbsoft's forum!
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss
Image

Locked