Is Binary Outcast now dead?

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Is Binary Outcast now dead?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-23, 09:13

The future of Binary Outcast will be entirely up to Tobin to re-evaluate and make a decision on, so there really is no point in guesswork here. So I guess just keep an ear out whether he is interested or not in going on with Mozilla code or not.

If there won't be any future Interlink releases, then someone should rebrand and fork it, and at least make sec updates. I do hope he'll continue the mail client but I'm afraid it really won't be as complete if he does; for example he has always hated the calendar component and was only really convinced to keep it working and included because I begged him to do so.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite