Export

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Export

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2021-11-02, 22:54

I searched thru this board, but perhaps not good enough. How is it possible to export filters created in interlnk? Should I browse thru ThunderBird docs or just look for them myself? TIA.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Export

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-11-03, 00:29

You might try and be more specific on what the hell you are talking about.. "Export", indeed. IF you are talking about Tools > Message Filters then I don't think there IS a way. It is likely stored in the old school mork database as this feature has been apart of the mailnews core since Netscape.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2021-11-03, 03:33

Ya, I guess I could've been a bit more specific. That's what I was talking about though, filters initially created, and edited or deleted, thru Tools \ Message Filters. I might be able to do it, even if only a copy/paste way, with AutoIt.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-11-03, 09:59

Message filters are dependent on many things, including which folder they apply to. It's not feasible to make that into an exportable format because you have no information about the structure it needs to apply to when you re-import it. It's inconvenient if you want to switch clients, I understand that, but it's simply very difficult to come up with a method to do this in a way where the export can be used again.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2021-11-03, 10:35

I believe those rules are stored in the msgFilterRules.dat file, to be found in each separate mail account folder in your profile folder. "Exporting" that (i.e. backing it up) and restoring/overwriting a clean msgFilterRules.dat with Interlink closed should work.

Make sure to have everything backed up before trying anything. A complete profile backup/restore setup is safer and preferable.

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2021-11-03, 11:21

'Export/Import' wasn't really what I was looking for I guess, I think more of a 'Backup' kinda thing. I had several filters that applied to about 30 email addresses each and a couple weeks ago I accidentally deleted them. I ended up just recreating them.