[Themes] The following Pale Moon Themes are now products of BinOC

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
New Tobin Paradigm

[Themes] The following Pale Moon Themes are now products of BinOC

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-10-14, 14:07

SInce Ryan (Lootyhoof) has had to step down from his responsibilities as Add-ons Team Leader and developer of many themes due to personal reasons.. The following Themes as being basically continuations of Mozilla/Firefox themes are now under development by Binary Outcast:
  • Aeromoon
  • Fox 2 The Moon
  • Kempelton Reloaded
  • Modoki Moon
  • Moonfox3
  • Past Modern Revisited
  • and the Qute series
Since I am insanely busy with an ungodly number of things to do I may be slower to respond to issues with themes BUT rest assured I will do my upmost to keep them in reasonable working order as development progresses on the Pale Moon User Interface. As such, I have released an update for Past Modern Revisited that improves several visual aspects when running on Pale Moon. I hope you enjoy them.

For now, this should be the thread to post in for the listed themes not Ryan's original threads.

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [Themes] The following Pale Moon Themes are now products of BinOC

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-03-18, 17:15

I use Past Modern Revisited as my main Pale Moon theme, and have used Qute and Fox 2 before. I have read that Pale Moon 30 needs all themes adjusted before they can again be used. May I please ask about Binary Outcast’s plans or rough schedule for when it will change its themes as needed?
Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2022-03-18, 17:22

Thank you for these, Tobin. Four of them are themes I have used in the past. Will they be available on the BinOC website? I don't see them there yet. I noticed in your post how you said you are "insanely busy." I assume that precludes you from making any more (or just one more) theme?

BTW, I hope your move went well.
Last edited by ron_1 on 2022-03-18, 17:39, edited 2 times in total.

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by athenian200 » 2022-03-18, 17:29

TheRealMaestro wrote:
2022-03-18, 17:15
I use Past Modern Revisited as my main Pale Moon theme, and have used Qute and Fox 2 before. I have read that Pale Moon 30 needs all themes adjusted before they can again be used. May I please ask about Binary Outcast’s plans or rough schedule for when it will change its themes as needed?
Rest assured this is among many high-priority goals for us. The themes will be done whenever they are done, but work has already started. :)
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2022-03-18, 17:41

Off-topic:
Is making themes just as hard as making extensions, or easier? I ask because I tried forking an extension but gave up; I need a personal teacher if I ever want to become an extension maker, but if themes are easier I'm willing to give it a shot.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2022-03-19, 02:01

ron_1 wrote:
2022-03-18, 17:41
Off-topic:
Is making themes just as hard as making extensions, or easier? I ask because I tried forking an extension but gave up; I need a personal teacher if I ever want to become an extension maker, but if themes are easier I'm willing to give it a shot.
Off-topic:
I'd say that making themes is less difficult for those who have minimal experience since most of the time, you'll be modifying style sheets and the associated images/icons. It was also my first exposure to this before learning how extensions work. You're not going to start from scratch as the files that you need to change and work with are already there. There's a slightly outdated guide here if you're interested.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2022-03-19, 19:13

FranklinDM wrote:
2022-03-19, 02:01
Off-topic:
There's a slightly outdated guide here if you're interested.
Due to the unfortunate current events this link no longer works.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-03-19, 21:20

Due to the unfortunate current events the first post is no longer valid.
It can be assumed at this time that they are not "products of BinOC" and that they are in need of other maintainers.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Baloo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Baloo » 2022-03-20, 13:03

I am willing to offer a bounty to someone who will maintain Aeromoon, Fox 2 The Moon and Moonfox3 for Pale Moon v30.

Mæstro
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Mæstro » 2022-03-20, 17:49

Browser: Pale Moon (Pusser’s repository for Debian)
Operating System: Linux Mint Debian Edition 4 (amd64)
※Receiving Debian 10 LTS security upgrades
Hardware: HP Pavilion DV6-7010 (1400 MHz, 6 GB)
Formerly user TheRealMaestro: æsc is the best letter.