Is it possible to use Interlink with Proton Bridge?

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
OldCodecGuy
New to the forum
New to the forum

Is it possible to use Interlink with Proton Bridge?

Unread post by OldCodecGuy » 2021-09-25, 06:16

I ask because Bridge only has instructions for Thunderbird and Outlook, but it's just configuring addresses and port numbers. I'm also curious how private Interlink is compared to Thunderbird as you have to do some user.js tweaks to fully secure Thunderbird plus it no longer supports Enigmail.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Is it possible to use Interlink with Proton Bridge?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-25, 09:11

Well the instructions are fairly similar, aside from skipping the what is unceremoniously called "baby mode" steps where Thunderbird tries to collect and fill in addresses automatically.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

OldCodecGuy
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by OldCodecGuy » 2021-09-29, 02:52

Turns out Bridge doesn't work on free accounts :P
Oh well, $4.68 isn't a bad deal, though I'm not sure my particular VISA card works internationally.

EMH_Mark_I
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by EMH_Mark_I » 2021-09-29, 14:36

I use the Proton Mail Bridge with Interlink and it works well enough. The metadata labeling system Proton Mail implements form their web mail client doesn't translate into a desktop mail client tagging system though. Instead, you'll only receive individual folders that correspond to your labels, so would have to use those instead.
I just use the mail bridge and Interlink for reading and sending mail, then sometime later in the month I'll log into their web mail and organize everything from there instead of attempting to do that from Interlink.

See: Labels in Bridge
Devuan Ceres | XFCE4
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

jobbautista9
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by jobbautista9 » 2021-09-30, 03:18

OldCodecGuy wrote:
2021-09-29, 02:52
Turns out Bridge doesn't work on free accounts :P
If you want to use ProtonMail over IMAP and Interlink's SMTP without paying, there's a third-party bridge called hydroxide. However, it breaks sometimes (it's third-party after all), and doesn't work well with PGP-encrypted emails. You can't also do actions (like mark as read) on more than 150 emails at a time.

merry mimas

XUL add-ons developer. You can find a list of add-ons I manage at http://rw.rs/~job/software.html.

Mima avatar by 絵虎. Pixiv post: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/15431817

Baloo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Baloo » 2022-03-11, 18:00

I use Protonmail Bridge consistently with Interlink with no problems to send and receive emails. I also use Interlink successfully with DAVMail to access a Microsoft 365 Email account, and Etesync-Dav to access all of my encrypted CalDAV and CardDAV contacts.