The rat, the cheese, and the Windows XPs

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
New Tobin Paradigm

The rat, the cheese, and the Windows XPs

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-06, 10:53

If anyone is wondering just how fucked these people are.. Well I have eluded to the fact that twice since my repository went private (though I still have to supply the Source Code Form for any Covered Software that goes into an Executable Form) that the raw commits have been stolen by a previously suspected and now confirmed user from my channel.

Benedict Arnold gave the unreleased changes for Borealis Navigator to roytam1 a few weeks after I made the repository private. He is also the one who during the first incident also uploaded (and then "innocently" informed us) that a copy of binoc-central was uploaded to an unauthorized hosting service. This person is a racist, lying, thief of intellectual material and private source code.

While the repository was made private then taken down a few times by the Administrator who has since claimed to have left the open source community after this incident despite still existing themselves.. A number of e-mails transpired. During the incident he legit requested the source for Covered Software used for Interlink Mail & News of which I complied. Then he uploaded the entire repository including all history to the unauthorized service.
anonymous wrote:From: anonymous
To: "Matt A. Tobin" <tobin@binaryoutcast.com>
Subject: Re: Source Code
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 22:21:14 +0200

Thank you very much. I deleted the repo after the admin made it private. I did not know of the issues you were having with roytam1 and other XP users on msfn (some of whom I am good friends with). I am sorry for infringing on your copyright, and apologize that they (my fellow XP users) are also infringing on your copyright.

Take care.
anonymous wrote:From: anonymous
To: "Matt A. Tobin" <tobin@binaryoutcast.com>
Subject: Re: Source Code
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 23:40:18 +0200

Hahaha fuck you bitch I got all the commits nigger
This went back and forth with anonymous and the unauthorized service admin until it was no longer publicly accessible. At some point during or after, I am not totally sure, anonymous slipped the post-private repo commits to roytam1. https://github.com/roytam1/boc-uxp/compare/8892b642b0285b0be4520d13044d944b7f395372...4288a0887bcfbe4f82798155237fe57714921d05. After anonymous and roytam1 getting commit history from a private repository that only core Pale Moon and select BinOC users had access to I was able to narrow down the suspects to two people. Both relatively new arrivals.

BalooRJ and Benedict Arnold. BalooRJ was a law student but has some opinions and had access and was new enough to have suspect loyalties. Benedict Arnold I first encountered in an issue for JustOff's CAA where he was acting like a moron. He even admitted it. Well they say admitting it is the first step on the road to recovery. He a few months down the road joined the channel.. Interested in open source development and with rare exception said all the right things. Of course, THAT should have been a red flag then and there but I thought maybe after the previous encounter that this guy wanted to better him self. I could not prove out of who all had access on the Github repository did it. I could exclude long time associates like Moonchild, Ryan (lootyhoof), others. But between Baloo and Benedict Arnold I couldn't be sure.

Obviously, BalooRJ is now a forum moderator and a pretty cool guy. Before and after the incident Benedict Arnold remained suspiciously distant from joining in on MOST discussions and while indicating he wanted to help work on things he never did save one commit where he updated Borealis's default bookmark links. Eventually I let Benedict Arnold have access again while I excluded BalooRJ.. His interests didn't really go into tangible development anyway and if he was the one then it would never happen again and if it did then happen once again I would know who did it.

Jump a year later and while I was distracted from other matters. Specifically, serving notice of MPL violation number 2 to Fedor2. This has been going on for right around 2 weeks now but on the 30th of Aug here comes Benedict Arnold again with an innocent notification of roytam1 getting the past year's commit history WITH my authorship intact. Committed 7 days prior on the 24th https://github.com/roytam1/boc-uxp/compare/b91883d9919f6b163945467f01209dde2e11121b...ea85817c3aa005d27b9d04de5cee10a656911bd2. THE DAY (after midnight localtime) I SENT MY NOTIFICATION OF VIOLATION TO THE CENTAURY REPOSITORY.

We checked the logs. The only git client access to binoc-central on and around the 24th (aside from xref updating) was from the authenticated user Benedict Arnold. I was extremely pissed, as I occasionally get, and exterminated him from the IRC server. Then EMH-Mark-I, who had Benedict Arnold on xmpp gave me a link to Benedict Arnold's current domain name and website state years prior.

I confronted him via text message using the phone number on that incarnation of his personal website. I let him back in to the channel to explain him self. He passed it off as him doing a private build pulling from git. I let him remain for a day or two until:
Sep 03 14:55:06 <Benedict Arnold> I have decided it's best for everyone including myself if I leave this community. I wish each and every one of you success in all areas of your life. I truly mean that. Goodbye.
Sep 03 14:56:19 * Benedict Arnold has quit (Quit: ZNC 1.8.2 - https://znc.in)
Later...
Sep 04 23:03:08 <Pause> Ah, that explains it. Benedict Arnold is involved. https://github.com/ManchildProductions/ ... 517bf6c01c
These events only re-enforce the evidence already collected and thus Benedict Arnold is and always was a traitor. This kind of insidious cloak and dagger horseshit is going to tear the fabric of open source apart. This kind of behavior by him, the XPeople, JustOff, the Reddit Shithole, the Sub-reddits of r/opensource and r/programming not to mention r/privacy will destroy ANYTHING that they can get their hands on either tangibly or corruption and subversion. It is a mother fucking disgrace to everything we are SUPPOSED to be standing for.

MyPal Issue 3 (formerly 237) and the 4chan /g/ threads and the a fore mentioned reddit threads make a total mockery of Open Source, the Licenses, and the people who have for what.. 30-40 years have worked tirelessly to create and maintain.

This cancer must be exposed and dealt with.. Not by me alone, not by JUST this project, but anyone left with a brain that isn't swollen with hatred and lies. Anyone who isn't just out for them selves. Anyone who still believes that we can have a decent society of any kind.

This is my story and not only does it involve each and every one of you.. Each and every one of you could be next.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Matt A. Tobin
Commanding Officer
Binary Outcast

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: The rat, the cheese, and the Windows XPs

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-06, 21:13

I guess Manchild Productions wasn't really into producing anything. It is gone now. Wonder if Benedict Arnold removed it himself or if it was Github Admins... Either way it sure was something a manchild would do.

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2021-09-06, 21:20

Sorry Man. Those people need to get a job. And not one like now where they are paid to sow chaos and destroy.

Pause
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Pause » 2021-09-07, 19:36

Benedict Arnold's own GitHub account seemed to have disappeared, but it turns out that it's simply been renamed to croissantlover11 in an attempt to cover his tracks, including deleting the repos on his account and deleting the comment he made in the MyPal 'license' issue.

As I had added a comment on there a couple of times, I was still getting notifications of the replies,

However while there may have been no previous comment by him before that, there is a thumbs down on this comment by croissantlover11 suggesting the part about having no interest in Mypal isn't true.

Checking the profile of croissantlover11, while most of the commits mentioned are said to be in private repositories - which by the way is just the way Benedict Arnold's profile was before - there are a couple of pull requests/commits (PR 1, PR 2), which I recall seeing in the past as being by Benedict Arnold yet now says by the new name.

EDIT: The account has now been deleted and only the default Deleted User GitHub account 'ghost' shows up in its place now.

Just admitting the truth, which already had clear evidence, would have made more sense than the denials, history-rewriting attempt and eventual deletion.

I'll never understand why Benedict Arnold saw any need for subterfuge. Anything he wanted to do could have been easily achieveable via a combination of access to already-public repos and properly requesting the source of released binaries as directed.

Sources wouldn't have been able to be requested for any unreleased projects in private repos of course, but there's a reason that they were unreleased as they were obviously still a Work-In-Progress, so that code should have never been shared outside of the private repos without permission.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-08, 01:16

Given he had been with us for nearly a year and a half and given when it happened the first time I couldn't be absolutely sure it was him and I gave access back to him had he chosen to be better than he was he could have helped and accelerated my project.

My original plan was to eventually re-open the repository to the public once Borealis released so that the real project could compete with the half-assed un-finished version that has been trashing my brand for years now. I'd have to satify the MPL at that point anyway and he knew that. Roytam would have gotten the source one way or another eventually but no subversion, damage, and theft was more important both then and now.

But the coward can't stand and admit what he did. He ran and tried to hide 3 times over failing each time. That is the most disappointing aspect. At least the bulk of these XPeople and others try to stand for what they falsely believe and attempt to fight back but not Benedict Arnold.. That puts him on the level of riiis .. no that isn't fair.. Even riiis fought longer than little Bennyboy.

These attempts to destroy evidence does have a side benefit though. It helps illistrate the brazen hypocrisy of the XPeople's case because they accused me of doing exactly that from almost day one among a host of other things only they are doing. It is totally to my benefit that everything stays exactly as it is for future reference.

Pause
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Pause » 2021-09-08, 03:18

Pause wrote:
2021-09-07, 19:36

EDIT: The account has now been deleted and only the default Deleted User GitHub account 'ghost' shows up in its place now.

For what it's worth, my post was never intended to scare Benedict Arnold into account deletion.

My post was intended to simply refute the claims of innocence and also hope that he'd admit to the truth so that everyone could move on (albeit with the knowledge that he couldn't be trusted again with private repo access, but that would still be the case due to the previous evidence without him admitting it anyway).
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-09-08, 01:16
Given he had been with us for nearly a year and a half and given when it happened the first time I couldn't be absolutely sure it was him and I gave access back to him had he chosen to be better than he was he could have helped and accelerated my project.

My original plan was to eventually re-open the repository to the public once Borealis released so that the real project could compete with the half-assed un-finished version that has been trashing my brand for years now. I'd have to satify the MPL at that point anyway and he knew that. Roytam would have gotten the source one way or another eventually but no subversion, damage, and theft was more important both then and now.
Exactly the point I was trying to make with the edited section of my previous post.
New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-09-08, 01:16
These attempts to destroy evidence does have a side benefit though. It helps illistrate the brazen hypocrisy of the XPeople's case because they accused me of doing exactly that from almost day one among a host of other things only they are doing. It is totally to my benefit that everything stays exactly as it is for future reference.
Indeed, unfortunately I can't say I blame you for keeping things as they are given everything that has happened up until this point.

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-09-12, 04:17

What I said before in the other thread, I think is relevant,

it takes a special type of asshole to infringe an open source license. Although I also think, his attempts to rebrand as if he created the original without giving credit back to you, is equally bad.

Trying to claim someone elses copyright or trademark as if it was yours from the beginning, takes an even bigger douche.

I hope you win against these punks Tobin.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-09-13, 13:22

The Manchild account is still up, and has a fork called 'Male Poon'. Charming :roll:
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-13, 15:19

Report it. For a third time.

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-09-13, 20:15

moonbat wrote:
2021-09-13, 13:22
The Manchild account is still up, and has a fork called 'Male Poon'. Charming :roll:

Sounds like he is extremely persistent...

smh...

With a name like that, he is 1000% trolling you.

What a douche...

:(

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-13, 22:57

So help us do something about it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-09-14, 03:49

Moonchild wrote:
2021-09-13, 22:57
So help us do something about it?
Alrighty, how should I do this?

I just want to make sure, I do it right.

Is saying:

He is infringing palemoon branding and mpl license enough?

Tell me, what I should say, and I will do so.

I have subscribed to this thread, so when you give me an idea of how, I will see it immediately, and yes, I will report him.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-14, 11:17

We can't advise you on your independent report to hosts. Just use your best judgement.

All I can note is that using the trademarked branding including the blood moon unstable branding isn't permitted. Even in goatse form.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-09-14, 11:21

I'm just asking you to help if you want. Posting here on this forum how he's trolling will not help the situation.
As Tobin said use your best judgement to decide when to report someone to hosting sites/services.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Lunokhod
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Lunokhod » 2021-09-14, 19:55

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/male-poon.77078/
It's not an original name, some BSD people came up with it last year it seems, the manchild one didn't appear in my search results. Look on the bright side, if they came up with any useful code additions you can borrow them back. :)
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been...

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-09-14, 21:06

I bet dollars to doughnuts it is STILL Benedict Arnold. That was at the same time he was under suspicion the first time and some image was linked in the channel from a comcast business class IP which I think was from Georgia as well.. But don't quote me on that unless I find older logs.

WiseWolf

Unread post by WiseWolf » 2021-09-15, 00:16

They seemed to have changed their policy I believe,

https://support.github.com/contact/trademark-policy

Unless I am "Authorized"

I cannot report it...

Trademark-wise anyways...

But pale moon is also under mpl2.0 and suspiciously he hasn't added that license, so I will report him based on that.

Edit: I am a bit confused where the violations are, other than trademarks, and for some reason I cannot report based on that without saying I am authorized... I hate github...