Interlink: Looking for language packs

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

Interlink: Looking for language packs

Unread post by nimanima » 2021-03-10, 23:40

Hi, I found a German dictionary add-on for Interlink which I installed, then changed the useragent locale, however this seems not to do what in Fossa does the language pack. Interlink is still in English. Where are the language packs hiding?

Tohuwabohuix
Banned user
Banned user

Re: Interlink: Looking for language packs

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2021-03-11, 00:22

nimanima wrote:
2021-03-10, 23:40
...Where are the language packs hiding?
OMG! :crazy:
The language packs for Interlink are hidden as damn sneaky. They can only be found at Easter - like all well-hidden easter eggs. Start searching in about 3 weeks - and please, if you find one, share it with us! :think:
Und die deutschen Ostereier san scho extra gscheit hinterfotzig verrammt, hehe
Last edited by Tohuwabohuix on 2021-03-11, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-03-11, 00:31

There are no Language Packs for Interlink Mail & News. It is an en-US product only.

Tohuwabohuix
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2021-03-11, 00:45

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2021-03-11, 00:31
There are no Language Packs for Interlink Mail & News.
Let's leave all hope behind for german easter eggs

nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by nimanima » 2021-03-11, 08:46

I see, it seems that indeed Thunderbird and Seamonkey are the only email clients on the market, then.

I don't know what is so funny about my question, Tohuwabohuix. Do you not prefer to use programmes in your own language?
Maybe you can at least explain to me what function this German dictionary has. What does it do?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-03-11, 08:56

nimanima wrote:
2021-03-11, 08:46
I see, it seems that indeed Thunderbird and Seamonkey are the only email clients on the market, then.
That's a ridiculous statement. Interlink is a fantastic mail and news client. Whether it serves your particular desire for localized UI or not doesn't make it any less of a client "on the market".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-03-11, 09:09

Well with that attitude I suppose Interlink wouldn't be a good fit for you.. And I am ok with that. I'm not currently making any money off it and I don't care if you use it or not. Though it does give me a feeling good feeling when people actually enjoy it for what it is and what I offer. But that is not a deciding factor on producing it.

Tohuwabohuix
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2021-03-12, 01:48

nimanima wrote:

I don't know what is so funny about my question, Tohuwabohuix. Do you not prefer to use programmes in your own language?
Maybe you can at least explain to me what function this German dictionary has. What does it do?
I'm sorry (or maybe not), for my jokes about your equating of dictionaries with language packs - but sometimes it's too funny when people want to use a non-mainstream product (what is welcomed) but then obviously don't bother to acquire the most basic knowledge of certain features by themselves - and then express a criticism that is unclouded by knowledge. Criticism of an excellent piece of free software just because the author does not sacrifice his entire lifetime to translate it into all languages of the world for free. Okay, your question - dictionaries are, among other things, for spell checking - not for displaying the interface in a certain language. Language packs are responsible for the latter. My mother tongue is not English either, but I used, for example, Pale Moon when it was only available in English (version 3.5.something, when I recall it correctly) - simply because I prefer it to mainstream browsers. And I do the same with Interlink. Interlink is so much better than Tb or Sm that I can easily get over the fact that it is not in German (or in Bavarian in my case ;) ) - and I train my English at the same time - wonderful :thumbup:

Tohuwabohuix
Banned user
Banned user

Unread post by Tohuwabohuix » 2021-03-12, 20:03

nimanima wrote:
...Maybe you can at least explain to me what function this German dictionary has. What does it do?
You could have just searched for dictictionary + Firefox or Thunderbird on https://duckduckgo.com - then you would have received many informative links, e.g.:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... age-tools/
https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... age-tools/ :idea: