One of the advantages of developing overlay extensions

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

One of the advantages of developing overlay extensions

Unread post by moonbat » 2021-02-24, 11:37

@Tobin - whenever you're putting out a generally available build, these are ready for use!

"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

The Squash

Re: One of the advantages of developing overlay extensions

Unread post by The Squash » 2021-02-28, 03:30

Off-topic:
Ummm...

Borealis Navigator with a system theme, making the browser fit in with an XFCE desktop??? Wasn't part of the idea of Borealis that it's supposed to look like Netscape Navigator down to the icon level?

EDIT:
Forget that I said that. It looks like most of the XFCE icons appear in the part of the UI that's part of the platform toolkit shared in common with all UXP applications -- including slightly-less-conservative-looking apps like Pale Moon.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-28, 03:44

Moonbat, you do know I already called dibs on the reload and screengrab extensions right? But good to see. You still may need to make some modifications if you are referencing communicator chrome paths.. I dunno when I will change those over yet.

ALSO, The Squish, don't tell me how my not-quite-released but clearly existent project should be. I will make that decision. The built-in theme does need some serious work and I am not going to use Netscape 4 icons nor the bullshit SeaMonkey created to replace them just when that will be dealt with is the question. Which is why Modern is pref-set as default.

The Squash

Unread post by The Squash » 2021-02-28, 03:48

Did I say how it should be?
Last edited by The Squash on 2021-02-28, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-28, 03:50

Did I say you had any right to comment on my ever growing body of existing work. You have one chance to leave unharmed. The Squash will obey the Daleks without question.