Issue with provider for google calendar

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
nameserver1
New to the forum
New to the forum

Issue with provider for google calendar

Unread post by nameserver1 » 2020-12-14, 21:09

Hello,

Using Interlink Mail version 52.9.7634, after todays big google outage, the provider for google calendar seems to have stopped working.

I've tried with both a regular @gmail.com account and a Google Workspace email account and both give this error message.

Checking the console for errors I see this:

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 2020-12-14 22:06:15
Error: [calGoogleSession] Authentication failure: {
  "error": "invalid_grant",
  "error_description": "Malformed auth code."
}
Source File: resource://gdata-provider/modules/gdataSession.jsm
Line: 269
Tried the newer version of provider for google calendar in latest Thunderbird and that seems to be working fine though.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Issue with provider for google calendar

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-12-14, 23:00

I'm not surprised.

nameserver1
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by nameserver1 » 2021-01-31, 14:25

Hey,

Just wanted to post an update here that I found the issue and solution in this commit https://github.com/kewisch/gdata-provid ... e482e5c105

So I manually edited the OAuth2.jsm file and added the URI decode and it's working again now.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-01-31, 14:33

So why don't you submit a pull request to the calendar repo?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-02-01, 23:09

I'll patch it this time but you guys will HAVE to be getting involved to fix calendar. In the future, I will simply be noting Known Issues.

https://repo.palemoon.org/binaryoutcast/calendar/commit/4daa035fafac3dc1cc65d81125f30cd827522bac

ALSO, please be aware that you really shouldn't be patching local files as those will not only get overwritten but also may not represent the state of the source files due to preprocessing and the like.