The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Former board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.
For historical reference.

Moderator: athenian200

Forum rules
If you are interested in forking any BinOC project and want to coordinate such an effort through the forum, please use viewforum.php?f=69
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Editing outbox messages

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-16, 01:06

PM-user wrote:
2022-02-15, 20:31
If a message is waiting in the outbox, and you want to edit it before sending, am I correct in thinking that you right-click and "edit as new message" which creates another message in the outbox?

Or is there a different way to edit the already-existing message before it is sent out, such that another outbox message is not created?

I'm sure "editing as new message" is great for certain situations though.
double-click to open it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Unread post by PM-user » 2022-02-16, 01:18

No, it won't edit; it just opens up.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-16, 01:32

I'm not sure. I never use an "outbox". My e-mails are sent immediately when I finish composing them, so I don't know how that works if it's not actually a draft.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by PM-user » 2022-02-16, 02:00

If you do alt-F-L then they go and wait in the outbox

Galaxy
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Galaxy » 2022-02-16, 03:31

PM-user wrote:
2022-02-15, 20:31
Or is there a different way to edit the already-existing message before it is sent out, such that another outbox message is not created?
Drag your message from the Outbox to Drafts.

Edit your message. Click on the Send button to send it immeditately, otherwise use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to put your edited message back into the Outbox.

PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by PM-user » 2022-02-16, 04:27

That did it, thanks

ChickPea

Re: Signatures

Unread post by ChickPea » 2022-02-16, 17:51

Moonchild wrote:
2021-11-18, 13:12
ChickPea wrote:
2021-11-18, 12:33
Is there a way to add a signature file automatically to an outgoing message?
Edit -> Account Settings -> Manage identities (button) -> select identity to use signature for, click Edit button -> Check "Attach the signature from a file instead" and enter the file name/browse to it

Brilliant, thanks. Sorry so long getting back to you - I've been up to my arse in alligators.

jb_wisemo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by jb_wisemo » 2022-02-18, 12:49

moonbat wrote:
2021-12-21, 23:38
Old_Radio wrote:
2021-12-21, 19:15
No updates since 17Aug2021.
Feel free to point out any that have been missed, if you're aware. This is a mature product, not like the ADHD addled opposition that pumps out an update every fortnight, with change for the sake of change. Security patches when released would be for the underlying platform code, which isn't often. Interlink itself being based off the old Mozilla mail code has even less in common with Thunderbird than Pale Moon does with contemporary Firefox.
Would at least be nice if each platform update that didn't require an Interlink update was followed by an Interlink changelog entry saying something like "The issues fixed in Platform Update 31. February 2022 did not affect Interlink, no new build" (I Used an impossible date for the purpose of this example, because even Sweden never had a triple leap year).

testy223

Unread post by testy223 » 2022-02-21, 17:48

hello im new and i have a windows 10 machine but when i go to https://binaryoutcast.com/projects/interlink/download/ to download interlink and click the windows 64 bit installer or any installer link it doesnt download. thanks for your support.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-21, 23:36

testy223 wrote:
2022-02-21, 17:48
hello im new and i have a windows 10 machine but when i go to https://binaryoutcast.com/projects/interlink/download/ to download interlink and click the windows 64 bit installer or any installer link it doesnt download. thanks for your support.
If you're using Chrome to download then that's because it silently blocks the download being on an http server. You'll have to right-click and copy the URL, then paste it in your address bar to download.

jb_wisemo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by jb_wisemo » 2022-02-22, 16:05

New problem (at least for me): Interlink fails to chain my personal e-mail certificate.

After installing the PKCS#12 of my personal e-mail certificate, with no error messages, and selecting it for my account, still with no error messages; Interlink refuses to sign e-mails asking me to check the certificates. At no point is there a specific indication what it doesn't like about the certificate or certificate chain.

Looking at each certificate individually in the certificate manager dialog box, viewing the intermediary CA cert shows the following unexplained message at the top of the "Certificate Viewer" dialog box: "Could not verify this certificate because the issuer is unknown". Viewing the same intermediary CA cert in Firefox shows no error messages. But viewing it in Pale Moon does show that same error message.

Which raises some basic question:

1. What makes UXP think the intermediary CA is not issued by the (also installed) company root CA?
2. Is there a tool or command to check what is actually happening when UXP tries to use a given certificate?
3. Is there a document listing the specific checks that UXP code (not other code bases) does when trying to build and validate a certificate chain?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-22, 19:10

You have to make sure the chain is complete. not all chains use just one intermediate certificate. it may be two or more.

So you have to make sure your root and intermediate certificates are installed in the certificate manager (and in the correct certificate stores). If any one of them is missing from the chain, the trust chain is broken and you won't be able to sign.

testy223

Unread post by testy223 » 2022-02-25, 04:17

thanks moonchild. i also was wondering why interlink is only retriving new mail instead of all my mail from my gmail. thanks again.

jb_wisemo
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by jb_wisemo » 2022-02-25, 07:04

Moonchild wrote:
2022-02-22, 19:10
You have to make sure the chain is complete. not all chains use just one intermediate certificate. it may be two or more.

So you have to make sure your root and intermediate certificates are installed in the certificate manager (and in the correct certificate stores). If any one of them is missing from the chain, the trust chain is broken and you won't be able to sign.
I know the entire chain, there is one (company) root, one intermediary, and one end entity cert. But somehow Interlink and PM fail to match the Intermediary to the root, even though both the intermediary and root are on the "Authorities" tab. Looking further, in the certificate viewer for the intermediary, the "details" tab shows the correct hierarchy, but the "general" tab shows that the "issuer is unknown". The same error is shown for another currently valid intermediary e-mail CA, but not for the currently valid Intermediary TLS CA.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-25, 09:26

jb_wisemo wrote:
2022-02-25, 07:04
The same error is shown for another currently valid intermediary e-mail CA, but not for the currently valid Intermediary TLS CA.
Curious! It should just work that way. I verified in my own certificate manager that both the intermediate and root certs are indeed in "Authorities" so the chain should validate if the correct certs are imported.
Are you sure you have the correct root certificate imported? And also: is the root certificate's trust level set appropriately?

PM-user
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by PM-user » 2022-02-25, 17:45

Tagging incoming messages with color works well using rules; is there a way to choose/modify the colors to be different from the 5 default ones?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-25, 19:18

PM-user wrote:
2022-02-25, 17:45
Tagging incoming messages with color works well using rules; is there a way to choose/modify the colors to be different from the 5 default ones?
Preferences -> display -> tags
Attachments
Image1.png

testy223

Unread post by testy223 » 2022-02-25, 21:59

thanks moonchild. i also was wondering why interlink is only retriving new mail instead of all my mail from my gmail. thanks again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-02-26, 21:57

check your account settings. explore your preferences window a little. the settings are all there in an easy to control manner.

testy223

Unread post by testy223 » 2022-02-28, 00:14

ok thank you. and also i was wondering if there was a global inbox setting i could use for all my mail. thats the last feature i need. thanks.