The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.

Moderator: New Tobin Paradigm

back2themoon
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Post by back2themoon » 2021-05-03, 17:29

Any tips/CSS on how to change the colors of the multi-message summary in Threaded view? Using a black background and white/light grey text is not possible, because the main Color Settings do not apply to this summary.

Found some info below but couldn't make something to work.

Threaded messages list background color change
Improve theming of multi-message summary
Styling multimessage view

PM-user
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by PM-user » 2021-05-04, 16:57

Would this allow the changing of the message body background color? Currently the message body is black text on white background, and I'm trying to reverse that (like a dark mode)

back2themoon
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by back2themoon » 2021-05-04, 17:07

You can easily change these in Preferences/Display/Formatting (also in Composition). What I am asking is different.

PM-user
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by PM-user » 2021-05-04, 19:20

This worked, thanks

unknownone
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by unknownone » 2021-05-08, 17:00

Dear Tobin,
I would like to use Interlink both under Windows and Linux and I'm wondering if it is possible to share the same user profile and IMAP mail storage files to avoid using up double the disk space? Or are there incompatibilities in the settings files and other issues? I can also work with two different profiles, sharing the same mail storage files, if possible.
Thank you,
Best regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2021-05-08, 17:53

unknownone wrote:
2021-05-08, 17:00
Or are there incompatibilities in the settings files and other issues?
There are. Specifically there will be big issues with path specifiers.
unknownone wrote:
2021-05-08, 17:00
I can also work with two different profiles, sharing the same mail storage files, if possible.
I strongly recommend against it. use fully separate profiles. Any local storage files for IMAP are going to be small, to begin with, as IMAP is a mail-on-server protocol that by design only stores some cached data locally that should be considered volatile.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

unknownone
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Post by unknownone » 2021-05-08, 19:20

Thank you, I will keep the profiles separate then. I agree that IMAP mail folders may be small, but once you want to have a full copy of the mail box locally to be able to work offline, then the size may quickly reach several gigabytes.

New Tobin Paradigm
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-05-08, 19:26

How about you figure out one computer to use email with and leave it at that like any normal email client user.
I actually don't hold a grudge against someone talking trash about me if they're shot afterwards. I try to rise above that and find my own peace.

Baloo
Forum staff
Forum staff

Post by Baloo » 2021-05-12, 04:32

For anyone interested in using an Outlook 365/Microsoft Exchange account with Interlink Mail & News, there is a solution, it is a DAV called davlink specifically for Microsoft exchange accounts. For modern exchange accounts, simply use the "O365Exchange" accounts in the settings once you install the program. It is a free and open source product as well, not like the proprietary paid for crap like Bird for Exchange in Thunderbird that requires users to pay for it to use. Here is a link:

http://davmail.sourceforge.net

It is both available in the Debian repos as the "davlink" package and for Windows as well. It is easy to setup, I just tested it and it works fine. Score another one for the good guys against big tech who want to try to make sure you can't access your email on their servers without their approved methods.

mr tribute
Fanatic
Fanatic

OS switching

Post by mr tribute » 2021-05-25, 16:47

Background:
2 different Linux OSes with latest Interlink gtk2 and latest SeaMonkey and the same Hotmail account. Using IMAP.

Starting Interlink after having used Interlink in the other OS will cause a delay when connecting to Hotmail and fetching mail.
If first starting SeaMonkey in the other OS (or maybe using SeaMonkey last in previous OS) then Interlink will not hesitate to fetch mail.

The delay is indicated by progress bar being stuck and it sometimes takes 30 minutes to download a few text-only messages.

It seems Interlink and/or Hotmail get confused by using same Interlink version in two different OSes. Maybe Hotmail expects the IMAP status to be the same?

Not a big deal, but if regularly switching between OSes it would be annoying.

EDIT: Maybe it is profile related. I probably use the same pre 52 Thunderbird profile in all my email clients... That may be the case. I'm too lazy to set up from scratch so I just copied the profile, but I didn't downgrade the profile and I didn't copy the profile between Interlink and SeaMonkey for example. Anyway, if you think it's the profile I will just live with it.