The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Board for discussion of BinOC Applications and Extensions using the Unified XUL Platform.

Moderators: satrow, New Tobin Paradigm

New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff

Re: The Official Interlink Mail & News Discussion Thread

Post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2020-01-26, 01:29

I am not a theme developer guys. So I can't provide anything along those lines. Might ask FranklinDM or maybe Ryan would be willing to fix you up.

As for integrating this PGP stuff.. I am not gonna pursue that option because any built-in incarnation would exclude the possibility of extensions as they would interfere. Also the possibility of backwards compatibility with profiles using enigmail would be basically nil. I also can't just bundle enigmail at the 1.9.9 level because it uses external components that aren't license compatible for bundling. They would try and assimilate and deprive me of my rights as a developer and project owner.

As for supposed security issues with enigmail 1.9.9, the issue is that fixing them would completely invalidate all your old emails making them basically unrecoverable.

In any event, this is well outside the area of application development. We are in the realm of Add-ons. So get making them and solving these issues! I expanded Phoebus to be a Unified Add-ons Backend for multiple applications for this very reason.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Post by JSladek » 2020-02-12, 21:23

I have been "promoting" Interlink on a tech newsgroup and one of the folks said that he tried to download Interlink from the website with both Firefox and Chromium, but got "Secure Connection Failed" error with SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP error code simply going to the website. I tried it on a freshly installed copy of PCLOS on another partition on my system and found the same error with Firefox and Waterfox. Of course, I have no problem with access to the Interlink site with Palemoon.

Is this a recent issue or am I missing something?

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Post by coffeebreak » 2020-02-12, 22:03

JSladek wrote:
2020-02-12, 21:23
or am I missing something?
You bumped into Camellia Appreciation Day.

JSladek
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Post by JSladek » 2020-02-12, 22:30

Arrrrrgh .... completely forgot about it. Thanks for the enlightening. I have passed the info on to the group that I was dealing with.