some text displaying wrong

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
dchmelik
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

some text displaying wrong

Unread post by dchmelik » 2024-02-17, 05:32

I've found certain sites show areas of bold text in FireFox, Chromium, etc., but in Pale Moon, show non-bold so in some cases are basically unreadable. It happened on a site I login to (after that) and later (after help with all my previous posts) I'm willing to upload screenshots or even (if I can get) HTML/etc..
        However, this isn't quite as urgent as my previous post, replacing profile (corrupt?) (am I allowed to 'bump' it from the menu?)

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: some text displaying wrong

Unread post by therube » 2024-02-19, 19:14

certain sites
URLs?

Yes, screenshots are nice.

And it might just be sites that do not work well in PM.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: some text displaying wrong

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-02-20, 19:12

therube wrote:
2024-02-19, 19:14
And it might just be sites that do not work well in PM.
Some sites use broken Google foundry fonts (that come with a default wight that's much too light) that can cause this issue.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite