How to fix missing "I Understand the Risks" section / "Add Exception..." button, Roman number 2

General project discussion.
Use this as a last resort if your topic does not fit in any of the other boards but it still on-topic.
Forum rules
This General Discussion board is meant for topics that are still relevant to Pale Moon, web browsers, browser tech, UXP applications, and related, but don't have a more fitting board available.

Please stick to the relevance of this forum here, which focuses on everything around the Pale Moon project and its user community. "Random" subjects don't belong here, and should be posted in the Off-Topic board.
Kris_88
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: How to fix missing "I Understand the Risks" section / "Add Exception..." button, Roman number 2

Unread post by Kris_88 » 2024-01-22, 00:25

Moonchild wrote:
2024-01-21, 16:38
There are multiple reasons why an exception isn't allowed.
we'd have to then start adding conditionals and checks for every single situation just to tell users more details about why they can't connect. I'm really not into that, sorry.
By the way, a similar message exists, but it seems not used anywhere. It is also available in language packs, in the appropriate language (although I haven’t checked all the packs).

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProd ... r.dtd#L242

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY certerror.whatShouldIDo.badStsCertExplanation "This site uses HTTP
		Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that &brandShortName; may only connect
		to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this
		certificate.">

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: How to fix missing "I Understand the Risks" section / "Add Exception..." button, Roman number 2

Unread post by Moonchild » 2024-01-22, 07:52

Well whaddayaknow.
well if the language is already there we may as well use it. l10n was part of my concerns.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite